Hi Everyone!

I was wondering if anyone was interested in planning or wanted to throw ideas out for this years corgi picnic.  It's been awhile since Carter has seen anyone of you guys and I know he misses his corgi buddies =D

~~Please send some love to Christina.  She planned last years picnic and is unable to continue to plan due to health issues.~~

Here are some of the ideas that have been thrown out there

- Freeport (Freeport Doggie Website) is where we had it last year.  We could do the same thing last time and do like a potluck type thing.  I don't know if Mike & Lisa wanted to plan it again.

Wasn't sure if you guys wanted to go to the same place.  I found a dog park in Hoffman Estates (Bo's Dog Park).  I've never been there but the park looks nice.  I'm not sure if they have day passes though and if they would let us have the picnic there.

Just trying to throw ideas out there. Let me know what you guys think or if you want to plan it =D

Hope to see everyone and their corgi's soon!

Views: 1629

Replies to This Discussion

well i honestly think it would be easier to go to freeport but then the poll was posted to see where everyone wanted to go. more than half of the people who voted want to go to naperville.  i think naperville would be a great choice but since we have limited time i think it would be a better choice for next year. but since a majority would like to go there then i guess we should just go with the majority.  i think if someone can get all of the paperwork done and post a link of the form we need to fill out for the day pass then it might be able to be done. i'm just not clear on how we turn in the form and pay since there is no one there, and also is there a date we need to get this done by?
If Whalon wins and you need a day pass for the Sept 11th you can send in for a day pass  This the reply to a question on their facebook page "Is there a way you could mail in for a certain date on the single day dog park pass?"      
Sure, you can fill out and send in the Dog Park Permit Application from our Web site at http://bit.ly/pzBBqW with the payment of $3 per dog in check, money order, or credit card. Just make a note on the permit application that you are requesting the one-day permit for the specific date, and we will note that date on the permit.

You will receive a permit and ID lanyard for use at any of the dog parks within 5–10 business days.
ok. so for those of us that don't live close by, we fill out the form and then how do we get the id lanyard? do we mail in our form and then just wait for it in the mail? because if so we would need to get these forms filled out and mailed asap.
ok, I have officially lost my mind....I thought it was already decided to go to freeport? some have been there, paperwork is a breeze, cost is fine, picnic tables........
right, it would have definitely been easier to go to freeport but more then half of the people who filled out the poll don't want to go tthere.

You started this thing and have been working on it since the begining.

Most the people taking the pole have no idea of the facts.

Me, too!

OK.  I am confused too. The discussion had finished and you DECIDED Freeport.  It was done.  

Then after that the survey gets listed.  There are more people voting on that survey than were ever in the discussion about the picnic.  These people don't know all the facts about the $50 for the pavilion and the 2 weeks to be sure you get your lanyard.  They are voting blindly about a location by distance only.  I tried voting on that site and it will not work for me.

I am in if the picnic is in Freepert.  If they decide Naperville, I am not mailing in the stuff and waiting 2 weeks for lanyards.  If the weather turns awful that day, I don't want t be stuck at home with lanyards that I can not use.

Its on the front of this groups page

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/FZR828C 

here's a survey on which park we should do this year's meet up I will post the results on Friday Evening to give everyone time to vote. 

If Whalon wins and you need a day pass for the Sept 11th you can send in for a day pass  This the reply to a question on their facebook page "Is there a way you could mail in for a certain date on the single day dog park pass?"      
Sure, you can fill out and send in the Dog Park Permit Application from our Web site athttp://bit.ly/pzBBqW with the payment of $3 per dog in check, money order, or credit card. Just make a note on the permit application that you are requesting the one-day permit for the specific date, and we will note that date on the permit.

You will receive a permit and ID lanyard for use at any of the dog parks within 5–10 business days. "

Yes distance is a HUGE factor for people. I would be in the car for 4 hrs that day and the cost of gas (who knows what gas prices will be when 11th comes around). Do we really need to have a potluck or picnic? If we didn't we wouldn't have to worry about the pavillion. But if someone posted the link to renting a pavillion I could look into it. 

We already did that.  We called the park and got the info.  That was why we threw Napervilles park out on the discussion PAGES ago.  *sigh*
I can't believe this was started on May 24th!  every day I get up and we are back at the beginning. I feel like I'm in that movie Groundhog Day!

Me, too!

Everything was decided and now we are back at it.

It least the movie was funny!

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service