Hi Everyone!

I was wondering if anyone was interested in planning or wanted to throw ideas out for this years corgi picnic.  It's been awhile since Carter has seen anyone of you guys and I know he misses his corgi buddies =D

~~Please send some love to Christina.  She planned last years picnic and is unable to continue to plan due to health issues.~~

Here are some of the ideas that have been thrown out there

- Freeport (Freeport Doggie Website) is where we had it last year.  We could do the same thing last time and do like a potluck type thing.  I don't know if Mike & Lisa wanted to plan it again.

Wasn't sure if you guys wanted to go to the same place.  I found a dog park in Hoffman Estates (Bo's Dog Park).  I've never been there but the park looks nice.  I'm not sure if they have day passes though and if they would let us have the picnic there.

Just trying to throw ideas out there. Let me know what you guys think or if you want to plan it =D

Hope to see everyone and their corgi's soon!

Views: 1629

Replies to This Discussion

Is the Hoffman Estates Dog Park nice?  Do they have water for the dogs, shade, picnic tables, a bathroom, etc?

I will be driving from Champaign, IL.   Hoffman Estates?  Freeport?  The distance is about the same for me.

The problem I see is that someone near one of the dog parks has to say they will be in charge of contacting the park and organizing.  Once that happens the date can be picked.  Sept 25 is good for me, but it has to work for the organizer.

I am new to MyCorgi.  I joined a few days ago.  Did you go to their last get together?  I just wondered how they organized it.  The one I went to last week in Wisconsin had someone in charge of all the plates, napkins, silverware, pop, bottled water, ice, tables, etc.  etc.  Each family chipped in $5 to cover the costs, but that was a lot of work for the organizer.  To make it really easy, everyone could bring their own drinks, plates, etc. Plus bring food to share.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/bos-run-hoffman-estates

Looked up Bo's Looks like they have shade, picnic benches, water, and plenty of running room.  

Thanks for the link.  That sounds like a very nice place. 

Do you live near there?  Can you talk to the people there and find out if we can do the picnic there and what vet records everyone needs to be able to attend.  I really don't want to drive 3 hours and then find out that they won't let my dogs in the park.  I am sure everyone will need to know the requirements. 

Does Bo's have a Day pass?

Yes, if you check out the link that Lisa & Izzie sent, the web page says that you can get a one day pass for $5 per dog.

You can also read the reviews of the park there and they give some good information.

It seems like some of you guys can't make the 25th.  How does everyone feel about the 11th instead?  Also, I've noticed some talk about the dog park in Hoffman Estates.  I would really like to get a date before I contact them.  I have the contact information for that dog park and I don't mind having to contact them.

I definitely know that the day pass is $5.  I will e-mail them today and get specifics and ask if they would be willing to let us have the corgi picnic there.

Sept. 11th works for me.  Either park is fine for me if they accept the group and you like their amenities.

One is a 3 hour drive.  The other is 3 1/2 hours, not much difference.  I'll be there if the weather is good.

By the way I don't mind having to get everything together with the park if maybe someone can organize the rest.  I was thinking if it is ok with the park, for the food we would do a pot luck type thing.  If someone could organize this it would really help and I think it's the only other thing we have to worry about besides the park and the date.

I just e-mailed bo's dog park about details and possibly having it there.  I'll let you guys know as soon as I get a response.  If i don't get one I'll probably just call them.

Thank you for contacting the park.

A potluck is a great idea.  Did the individuals also bring their own drinks and paper goods to the last picnic?  Or was someone responsible to provide that for the group?   I have only been to one of these things.  It was last weekend in Wisconsin and they provided bottled water, pop, napkins, plates, silverware, etc.  etc.  They rented tables and chairs, etc.  It was great, but they had a tons left over and somebody had to do a lot of shopping and organizing.  Every family chipped in $5 to cover cost of these items.  Perhaps it could be a BYOS (Bring Your Own "Stuff") Picnic.  Bring your own drink, plates, etc.  That way no one has to get all the party goods.  If it was near my home, I would not mind picking up stuff, however if it is a rainy day I will not be driving over 3 hours to sit in the car with the dogs.  That means that no plates would arrive at the park. 

I think we just had people bring in a ton of drinks for the whole group.  For example we can have someone bring paper plates and bowls and then another person in charge of the silverware and then maybe 2 or 3 people in charge of bringing drinks like water and soda then people bring in food.  I didn't think of a BYOS type thing.  I guess if people are more interested in doing that we can.  I know Bo's has a picnic area and I asked if we can use it for food so hopefully we will get a positive response =D

Thanks for the info.  I guess I worry that when you are depending on that many different people, someone in charge of plates might not show at the last minute.  Then what?  Plus that means getting a lot of people to commit to what they are bringing. I have seen a very limited number of people even entering this discussion.  I just counted 8 individuals that have left a comment on this Corgi Picnic discussion. That includes YOU and me.  Others will probably attend when they see the event listed, but are they interesting in promising to bring supplies?  Can it be done?

To me....Ideally someone (who will definitely be there that day) should volunteer to take care of it all. OR treat it as a picnic with everyone packing their own plates and drinks, but we all bring a dish to share.

Anyone out there have an idea how to organize a potluck?

I can see why you would be worried.  I guess I've just never had anything bad happen like that with a pot luck hehe. I guess we can just do it as a picnic and everyone can pack their own plates.  Does that seem like a better idea?  I guess that would be easier to clean up since everyone would be in charge of there own things.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service