Hi Everyone!

I was wondering if anyone was interested in planning or wanted to throw ideas out for this years corgi picnic.  It's been awhile since Carter has seen anyone of you guys and I know he misses his corgi buddies =D

~~Please send some love to Christina.  She planned last years picnic and is unable to continue to plan due to health issues.~~

Here are some of the ideas that have been thrown out there

- Freeport (Freeport Doggie Website) is where we had it last year.  We could do the same thing last time and do like a potluck type thing.  I don't know if Mike & Lisa wanted to plan it again.

Wasn't sure if you guys wanted to go to the same place.  I found a dog park in Hoffman Estates (Bo's Dog Park).  I've never been there but the park looks nice.  I'm not sure if they have day passes though and if they would let us have the picnic there.

Just trying to throw ideas out there. Let me know what you guys think or if you want to plan it =D

Hope to see everyone and their corgi's soon!

Views: 1629

Replies to This Discussion

Well, since no one has said they want to organize this stuff, I just thought it would take that burden out of the equation. I want to be sure a picnic happens rather than it not happening because of apathy. 

To me it would be simple to bring my own plates and such.  Plus, my husband is picky about what he will drink and we usually bring his Sprite anyway.  Maybe there are others that feel the same way.

I am not trying to tell you how to do this thing.  I just am trying to think of how to make it so simple that it can not fail.

I am also hoping that if you design a system that works, it will be repeated every year.

Oh don't worry.  I don't take it as your trying to tell me how to do it.  I value other peoples opinions mostly since this isn't just for me, it's for everyone =D  I was only thinking of pot luck because that's what we did when we went to Freeport.  I do like the idea of just bringing your own picnic though.  I think it would be easier for individuals.  That way if they live close to home they don't have to worry about making food for others when they might have already eaten themselves.

=D Thanks for throwing ideas out there.  I really do appreciate it

Sept the 11th works for Izzie and I.  I think that it would be a great idea to bring what you would need so that if that does happen where we have someone in charge of plates or some one item and they cant make it then we are kinda up the creek without a paddle.  Just bring what you need. I would usually take up organizing something like this but with my wedding I am a little tapped out.  Maybe next year for Izzie and I.

I guess I am not clear in what I am writing.

I just meant that people could bring their own plates and drinks so no one has to be responsible for getting all of those supplies.  I still think the potluck is a good idea.  I like the idea of bringing food to share.  I think it is more social to eat together as a group.  Also, most people are better cooks than me!

oh. hahaha. sorry. i might have also read it wrong. me and carter and spending today outside and the sun might have gotten to me.  i was thinking of each person brings there own picnic. hehe. but yea we could also do it that way where everyone is in charge of there own utensils and drinks and then they have to bring in a dish if they would like.  does that sound about what you were thinking?

Yes.  I think it makes it more of a social gathering.  That would be my first choice.

However, I am willing to just picnic alone if that is what the others want.  I really just want the dogs to run and play.  When we went to the Wisconsin Corgi Picnic my 2 Pems were so excited when they saw a park full of Corgis.  I want them to have that experience again and hopefully repeat it each year.

I was just looking through old discussions and it looks like Christine used to have the get together at her house.  Then she was ill.  2009 the picnic was moved to Freeport.  Was there no 2010 picnic?

Also, do you do awards, games, and fundraiser stuff for Corgi Aid?

last years picnic ended up getting cancelled. 

Thanks. I wondered.  I could find no record of it. (This is my first week on MyCorgi.) 

Are you interested in a 2011 Corgi Picnic? 

Do you think a potluck is a good idea? 

we are in Iowa (don't hold it against us! :) and am wondering if we could get in on the meetup?  there is nothing going on here and can't seem to drum up any interest. we would be willing to drive and would love love love to "yap & frap" with other corgis!!!

I'm sure we wouldn't mind =D We are all Corgi lovers! By the way where from Iowa are you from? I go to school at Western Illinois University and it' right by the boarder.
we are in mitchellville, I think about 2 and a half hours from the school

Yes!  Yes!  Come with your Corgis!

I took my Corgis to the Wisconsin picnic July 23.  The more the merrier.

I see you are from Iowa.  My breeder lives in Swisher, Iowa.  We are planning a trip to visit her August 14 & 15.  Do you have any Wyndtree Corgis? 

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service