Hi Everyone!

I was wondering if anyone was interested in planning or wanted to throw ideas out for this years corgi picnic.  It's been awhile since Carter has seen anyone of you guys and I know he misses his corgi buddies =D

~~Please send some love to Christina.  She planned last years picnic and is unable to continue to plan due to health issues.~~

Here are some of the ideas that have been thrown out there

- Freeport (Freeport Doggie Website) is where we had it last year.  We could do the same thing last time and do like a potluck type thing.  I don't know if Mike & Lisa wanted to plan it again.

Wasn't sure if you guys wanted to go to the same place.  I found a dog park in Hoffman Estates (Bo's Dog Park).  I've never been there but the park looks nice.  I'm not sure if they have day passes though and if they would let us have the picnic there.

Just trying to throw ideas out there. Let me know what you guys think or if you want to plan it =D

Hope to see everyone and their corgi's soon!

Views: 1629

Replies to This Discussion

Freeport is west of Rockford.  Mapquest says that is a 4 hour and 17 minute drive for you.  Hoffman Estates is a burb of Chicago and it would be a 3 hour and 37 minute drive.  Not that different. Feeport is mostly a distance problem for the Chicago folks.

NEVER bring dog treats into a dog park.  Most, if not all dog parks, have rules about that.  It can start a dog fight.  Even if you want to treat other peoples dogs, that could be a problem since their dog could have allergies or some other problem.

Thanks for the info!
My puppy is 6 months old, and I'm very unsure about the hepatitis one
There are alot of dog parks in the area. Let me see what I can find out when I get home from work today.  I know that there is one in Lombard off of swift road but i dont know if it is as nice as the Hoffman Estates one.  Ill look into it further later.  If anyone else can find something off of I90 I think that would be best.

What about Naperville?

I saw it listed on the top ten dog parks in Illinois.  They have a special small dog park area. $3 daily permit.  This web page shows some info about it. It shows a cover area with seating, but I am not sure if you can picnic there.

http://www.bringfido.com/attraction/3784/

I really like this one.

Another choice...

Hammel Woods Dog Park...http://www.bringfido.com/attraction/9620/

(I don't know if it is too far for the Chicago people.)

Also $3 daily passes. Check it out.

Debbie told me there is another park across the street from Bo's we could have a picnic.  She is double checking if they allow dogs though.

I actually agree that there seems to be alot they want to see. I know Carter hasn't had a stool sample for almost 2 years.  We will be having a new puppy at that time and I know she won't have all of those.

Also keep in mind if you are looking at other dog parks... I would prefer nothing in the city.  To my understanding in order to go to any of the dog parks in the city of Chicago the dog must not only be up to date on all vaccinations but must be checked out by a vet in the city.

Dog park possibilities.  http://www.reconnectwithnature.org/Preserves-Trails/Dog-Parks

There is a dog park in Naperville someone has suggested.  What does everyone think?  This is some info I got off of there website.  It's a 3 dollar day pass and dogs only need to have there rabbis tag on there collar.  They said there is a picnic area.

I'm going to call them to ask for specifics and make sure this particular park has a picnic area and stuff =D  I hope it works out.

Also, I might not be on from Wednesday to Thursday.  I'll be moving into my new apartment at school and won't have internet access.  I'll let you guys know whats going on with the park as soon as I know!

Thanks everyone for being part of the discussion.  It means alot that everyone is so interested =D

Can you ask them WHERE the picnic area is in relation to the dog park.  I saw that they mentioned picnic area, but they mentioned a lot of things in the preserve.  And please ask them what records we need to have with us to get the dogs in the park.  I don't want anyone to get there and not be allowed in.

Good luck with your move.  I hate moving!

No problem.  If there are any other questions anyone needs answered I don't mind asking.  They are closed for the rest of today so I won't be able to call until tomorrow.

Thanks for doing this.

If they say no to the 11th, see what other days are available.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service