Ok, here I go!  Who CAN and WILL make it to a Meetup in Freeport?

Time: September 11, 2011 from 12pm to 5pm
Street: 966 Rudy Road
City/Town: Freeport, Illinois
Website or Map: http://members.petfinder.org/…
Event Type: corgi, meetup, and, picnic

Illinois Corgi Picnic

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Noon to 5pm

Friends Forever Dog Park, Freeport, Illinois

Potluck Lunch

Welcome Corgi Lovers!

Everyone is invited to join us for an afternoon of Corgi fun!

We will be meeting Sunday, September 11 at Friends Forever Dog Park in Freeport, Illinois.  This 10-acre park includes an agility course, an area just for smaller dogs, and a huge pond. The park is fenced so your dog can run, play, socialize off leash and go for a swim! This park was chosen by Pet Fancy Magazine as one of the top dog parks in the country! 

Check it out!   http://members.petfinder.org/~IL124/dogpark/index.html

There will be a potluck lunch.  Plan to bring something to share with the group.  I hope there are some good cooks out there!  Otherwise, pick up some potato salad, brownies, or picnic food from your favorite grocery.  Also, bring your own drinks and table service (plate, silverware, napkin, etc.).  Other items you might want to bring are lawn chairs, coolers, sunscreen, dog towels, etc..  Whatever you do, don’t forget the Corgis!

To enter the dog park each participant must show a current rabies tag and proof of current vaccinations for each dog.  DHLP is required.  Bordetella is recommended, but not required. There is a $5 fee per dog for a one day pass.  Daily passes are available at the information booth or in the shelter office the day of the picnic.  No puppies under the age of 4 months are allowed in the dog park.  There is a maximum of 2 dogs per adult.  To read more information about the Friends Forever Dog Park rules or to download the form for admittance prior to your visit, go to the following link. http://friendsforeverhs.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/dog-park-con...

The Friends Forever Dog Park is located at 966 Rudy Road just south of Freeport, Illinois. Watch for the signs on Highway Route 26.  The Friends Forever Humane Society is a shelter for homeless animals which is also on the premises. Please bring an item to donate to their shelter.  A list of suggestions from the shelter is at the following link.  http://friendsforeverhs.org/donate_p/donate-goods/

Views: 832

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks.  I noticed that several of you RSVPed.

I got an E-mail from Friends Forever Dog Park today.  I had asked them if we could use EZ-Ups.  Also, I wanted to know if they would supply us with a wagon or wheel barrel where we could collect our donations. (The idea is that everyone could put donations in one area near where we are picnicing and then we could watch it grow.)  They agreed to everything and offered more!  I really like how accommodating they are.  I feel good that we picked this place.  Here is what they wrote...

Hello Lisa,
I am so happy to hear your group is coming to our shelter. EZ-Ups
are allowed, in fact we have two that you may use if needed. Tables and
chairs are fine, we can also help with more if needed. We will be happy
to supply a wagon or wheel barrow and anything else your group may need.
Please keep in touch and let me know of any help we may be.
Donations will be greatly appreciated, they keep us going.
--
Friends Forever Humane Society
966 W. Rudy Road
Freeport, IL 61032
815-232-6164
www.friendsforeverhs.org

Im so sorry everyone! We were planning on attending but something has come up and we will no lomger be able to makr it. Have fun and i cant wait to see pictures!!!

Too bad.  You have been so involved with getting this thing off the ground, it is a shame you can't make it.

I was looking forward to meeting you.  We will see you at the next one!

There's always the 25th you now have time to get enough time to get a day pass =D

Here is a Pic of Penni(left) and Joey(Right) Cant wait to see other corgi families at the picnic!!!!!

Welcome!  I noticed you just joined MyCorgi a couple hours ago.

Good timing since we just got this picnic organized.

I am a newby too since I joined at the end of July.

Daisypath Vacation tickers
We are so Excited about this. It will be our first corgi Picnic!!!!!

Well, my husband and I went shopping over the weekend and looked for sales on items from the Freeport Humane Society's donation list.  We found paper towels marked down and bought a large package for their shelter.  Also, got some Milkbones.

I still plan to pick up some Purina dog food, but no sales right now.  I like a bargain.  Anybody else out there shopping??

I haven't but I have been watching the ads.  also, my daughter in law has a membership to Sams and I was going to ask her if they have any good deals.  I've been there a few times and some deals-some not so much (I thought). 

Mia and Herky are going to vet on Friday for their bordatella shot. They go to the groomer occasionally and it is required so I thought I would get it before the FANTASTICALLY FUN picnic!

I do not have a Sam's membebership.  Many of the deals are not that great when I have visited there. 

And the other times...  Who wants 12 cake mixes??

I did get a good price on a VCR there over 12 years ago.  I had a friend take me.  It was about $20 cheaper because it was last years model.  I didn't care!

The shelter asks for Purina food products.  I went shopping and was surprised at the many foods they make.  There were a lot of choices....

Beneful, Pro Plan, Purina ONE, Alpo, Moist and Meaty, Chef Michael's, Mighty Dog and (the one I knew) Purina Dog Chow.  ( Of course, there is Dog, Cat, puppy, and kitten choices as well.)

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service