Hi All..I thought we can share our story with you. It was a very hot day yesterday here in Port Moody, BC, Canada. I thought I would get starbucks for my fiance who works in the field, and I took Yogi and Abby with me so they can have some wind in their faces....they love the short car rides. So I parked at the end of the parking lot where it's a little bit shadier. I went into starbucks for no more than 5 mins. When i came back, i didn't notice anything wrong. As I was turning out of the parking lot, I thought...where is Abby's grunt when Yogi went to the backseat. Note that I was driving the hyundai santa fe, which is big and tall....too tall for a scardy pup like abby to jump out of. And if she HAD jumped, she'd be limping. So, i reversed my car back to the parking spot, looked everywhere, started crying, and called my fiance to tell him that I had lost our baby girl....I knew i wasn't going to see her again, but i ran back and forth calling out her name, broken hearted. Her brother was still in the car, waiting as I ran and cried histerically. Some passerby helped me look for abby as well...I was not about to give up, so I called my vet to get spca or a shelter's number. They gave it to me, and i called the shelter. This was only after about 20 minutes abby was missing. I called them, and they had a corgi!! Corgis are very very rare in canada, so they knew that she was ours...I had forgotten her tags and collars because it was supposed to be a very short ride...I went there, of course charged for the pound fee and her license (which we didn't know was a bylaw in our city to have a dog license until now). The shelter people said that there are many dognappers especially for purebred dogs. Abby and yogi are purebred corgis, but both had been neutered and spayed, so abby was no good to whoever took her..and abby has a bruise under her chin, which she wouldn't let me touch.

The lesson we learned is that there are dognappers out there. Although our kids love their short car rides, they won't get that anymore unless they don't have to stay in the car. It was traumatizing, and we never thought something like that could happen in our community.

Views: 106

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have often wonderred what kind of sick soul would try to steal someones dog. I am sorry you had to go through something of that nature. Glad you were able to get your dog back, very fortunate.
This is a HUGE fear of mine - that someone would steal Algy. He goes everywhere in the car - mostly with my father - and my dad always leaves the doors unlocked. I am SO glad to hear that your story had a happy ending. It was good thinking of you to call the shelter. I would have been hysterical too. I am very glad that Abby is OK!!!

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service