I think we should all discuss about getting together.  I don't know when the last time you all got together and how many turned out.  I would like to hear more from this.  If someone can give me a heads up to maybe what you did last time.  What you liked about it and what you didn't.  I would like to set up something.  Or maybe you have elected someone to set up our meetings.  Just let me know...

Views: 154

Replies to This Discussion

I think that sounds great! We'll be there - me, husband Mark, son Drew(12) and of course - Loki! I have a Corgi flag that I can bring so we can stake out a place. What do you think we should bring? Blankets/chairs to sit on, water, doggie snacks?? Sounds like fun!
How cute and exciting. I have never heard of this park. Is it right off of 112th & Maple? That is so cute a corgi flag!!
We will be there!
Hefflinger Park is great! It isn't too far off the interstate for people travelling to it. I happen to live 5 minutes away and we go ALL the time!! We love it. There are 2 parks. There is an ALL DOG area that is quite large and a SMALL DOG area (under 30 lbs) that is much smaller, and that is the place we have seen all other corgis except 1. Each park has plenty of trash cans (for potties) and a watering fountain (which is so cute, there is a human height spicket AND a dog height spicket). We bring water in a tupperware (some bring buckets) and set them around so the dogs can enjoy at their leisure. There are also 2 picnic tables at each side, and a couple of benches, so plenty of room to sit. They don't allow any food inside, to keep from any dogs getting upset. However, we went once when there was a dauchsand meet up (we didn't know) and they had bags of treats to give everyone. It was kinda neat.
Anyway, it is on the North side of Maple, and there is a light right at the intersection. TONS of parking and always lots of dogs on weekends! We have met all but one corgi on Saturdays there. We live in an apartment and so we make frequent trips to the dogpark!
anyway here is the link to the webpage of the dogpark:
http://www.omahadogpark.org/
and also it's facebook page if anyone is interested. It's pretty new, but it's starting to get more activites which they are good about posting on their facebook page. Maybe we could post our little corgi meeting there to help the word pass?
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Omaha-NE/Omaha-Dog-Park-Advocates/50703281522?ref=ts&ajaxpipe=1&__a=5

Sammy can't wait to meet some new corgi friends!! There are NEVER enough corgis at the dogpark! Yay for you guys getting this together, I have been wanting something like this ever since Spring Sprung and I saw everyone else doing it!!! :)
See ya all Sunday. Wish I could make the Alliance one, but I just started a new job, and won't be able to make a trip for a little while. :(
That sounds like fun! Henry hasn't been on a fun outing in awhile. He will be sooo happy to take his cone off for awhile (he has a sore on his foot that he won't leave alone) and play with other corgis.
Hi all! It was great meeting all of you and your wonderful Corgis today! We gave Loki a bath as soon as we got home then he took a HUGE nap! Definite sign of a good romp:-). We had a great time and look forward to seeing everyone again!
We had lots of fun today! I'm really glad it worked out, hopefully we can do it again soon! Sorry we had to leave early, my dad was coming to town and we didnt want to miss him. Cody and Addie got a bath, they were not very happy!
It was really great to see all of you too! Hey if anyone has the picture you guys took, can I get a copy online? Lady Bug and Chuck really enjoyed watching all the corgis. Maybe next time they will wanna play. I think I might just invite you all back to my house for a barbecue. We have a pretty good size backyard for all the corgis to run around in.
I will try and get my pcitures up this afternoon
Here are my pcitures
Attachments:

Whoops I did that wrong lets try it again.

I am sooo sorry I missed the get together. That's what I get for not checking the wedsite for several days. Maybe next time.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service