Ok I decided to post some happy/fun pictures of Kirby and Franklin since I feel like I've been writing a lot about his issues. The river has gone up with our recent rains which means my usual river spot has returned to, what essentially is a fenced in beach. There are barriers on 3 sides and huge river on the 4th side so its a good place to allow not so trustworthy dogs to play offleash. No escape routes :-) As an aside also, Kirby did EXCELLENT down there. Practiced lots of recall and lots of praise. I still don't know if he will ever graduate past a long line though because he is just too skittish in general for me to really ever fully trust, we will see where he is at a few months down the road and see if he will earn more freedom. Maybe with Franklin as an example he will learn that minding=FUN!

I love this next one, Franklin just can't stand that I am trying to take a picture of someone other than him so he decided to block the shot lol!

Views: 310

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's in the Pocket area sort of near Garcia Bend park. There are a few little pockets of beach where, when the river is at a certain level downed trees and branches block both ends of the beach with a steep trail down, which you can stand in front of so its pretty safe. After the rain the river has gone up A TON so there are no beachs by my house anymore. In a few weeks it will probably be back to a good level again.

I was away for the weekend and somehow missed this post.  They look like a good match.  As many others have said, the one with both of them and the stick is too cute.  Also like the last one posted as a comment. Proves that the only photographty subject better than a corgi is two corgis.  They're so photogenic, especially Franklin.  I need to start carrying treats for photo shoots.  Scout will sit still wherever I want her but rarely looks at the camera at the right time.  Any tips other than treats?

Franklin is just ridiculous about modeling lol. He wants to be in EVERY picture ever taken and will actually pose himself and then look at me when we are on walks. He'll run and put his front paws on a downed log and look over his shoulder at me, etc its hilarious. Kirby on the other hand is terrible and never wants to put his ears up. I just make lots of funny noises to get him to put his ears up and look at me. Treats work well to get them to look in your direction. Maybe get really high value treats like hot dogs or chicken. And lots of patience! lol

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service