Has anybody used Himalayan dog chews? My friend gives them to her dog and says they last for weeks. Just wondering if anybody has tried them and if their dog likes them? How long do they last a corgi? I'm thinking of getting the 20-40 pound ones that are 6 inch long and 1 inch around:

http://www.amazon.com/Himalayan-between-1-Piece-40-Pound-2-Ounce/dp...

I usually give Franklin retriever rolls and they used last him a week or more, but lately he has been on a major chewing kick and will chew an entire rawhide in one day if I don't take it away from him. I'd rather give him something that will last longer. The rawhides are cheap but I was just wanting to try something different that may do a little more to clean teeth since he doesn't get knuckle bones anymore.

Views: 2171

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I got one for Teddy to try and he loves it. I have to take it away from him after about 20 minutes though. Otherwise he would sit there and gnaw through it all at once. I give it to him about every other day and boy is he focused on it while he has it. I got him the one made for large dogs and it's the right size for him. I got mine at a local store and it was about seven bucks. Not too bad.

Well since this post came back up again I guess I should update. My view on Himalayan chews....dogs love them but my pocket book doesn't. I guess my dogs are just super chewers. I bought 2 medium chews for $7.50 each, they were gone in a few days. Got the large dog chews from doggyloot for, well I don't remember how much but they were like $9ish each. The first one didn't even last a week. I am now taking the other one away and only giving it for a tiny bit of time each day. To me they just seem like a waste of money. I can buy a 15 count bag of retriever rolls for $10 or a big bag of bully sticks for $20 and yes the dogs can go through 1 a day but they don't always and it seems the cheaper route. I bought some deer antlers to try and one fo them was gone in less than a week, I still have the other one but the dogs aren't interested in it. I really wish I could still give raw knuckle bones because they LOVED them, keep the teeth looking excellent (when they aren't breaking them!), last 2-3 days, and they are about $1/pound at the butcher.

I gave Wyatt a Himlayan dog chew for Christmas and it lasted for about 3 days. I will say that he was obsessed with it, and that it was a wonderful tool to keep him occupied. 

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service