Enjoyed the 2011 Illinois Corgi Picnic?

This is the place to...

Post your favorite memories.

Share a picture.

Enter requested recipes.

Add links to photos & videos.

Views: 323

Replies to This Discussion

We got home between 10:15 - 10:30.  I am too tired to say much except that we had a super time and that our dogs are passed out on the kitchen floor right now.  We plan to load pictures tomorrow and will send a link.

Lisa & Izzie - I need that Taffie Apple Salad recipe. It was GREAT!

Thanks to everyone that came!

A special THANK YOU to Kim for the great doggie treats in the personalized boxes.  Very cute.

I noticed that the recipes were enclosed as well.  Nice touch!  Wynne & Will ate a few on the way home.  They will be sending you an order soon.

I wrote a Corgi Thank You card to Friends Forever today. 

I thanked them for letting us have our picnic at their park and thanked the staff for their help setting up everything and for making us feel welcomed.  I will mail it tomorrow.

Kim here is the Recipe for the Ham Rolls!!!!

1 pkg tortilla shells (burrito size)
2 (8oz) pkg cream cheese
2/3 cup mayo
1/3 cup chopped onion
1 4oz can chopped black olives
1 8oz pkg shredded cheddar
Thin sliced ham
Mix cream cheese and mayo. Add chopped onion, black olives, cheddar. Spread on tortilla shells-top with ham slices-roll and slice.
Taffy Apple Salad

You will need:

8 cups cut up apples
1 cup sugar
1 20 oz. can chunk pineapple (drain and save juice)
1 16 oz cool whip
2 tablespoons flour
2 beaten eggs
4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
2-3 cups salted nuts 

Directions
Mix flour, sugar, pineapple juice, eggs, and vinegar in a saucepan. Stir over medium heat until thick.  Refrigerate until cold.  Fold in cool whip.  Add apples, pineapple, and 1.5 cups peanuts.  Mix well.  Before serving sprinkle remaining nuts on top.  Enjoy!

THANKS for the recipe.  I really enjoyed that salad.  Thanks to Lisa & Izzie for making it.  Funny... I did not even notice there was pineapple in it.  I just noticed it was delicious!

I just posted the recipe for Lisa & Izzie's "taffy apple salad.  She sent it to me earlier cuz I HAD to have it to make on Wednesday!

Here is a link to some photos from the picnic!!!!

http://www.mycorgi.com/photo/albums/2011-corgi-picnic-freeport-il

You took some fantastic pictures!

I will be copying some of those when I have more time.

We did not get ours loaded yet, but we went thru them and deleted around 25 of them.  Now we have around 60+ that we need to load.  Hopefully, we will have time tomorrow.  It is Jim's birthday tomorrow, so no promises.

Lots of Corgi Bunny Butts, Tiny Feet, Cute Short Legs, Big Ears, Wiggly Nubs- Everything That Makes a Corgi a Corgi! 

Truly the best time ever!

http://www.mycorgi.com/photo/albums/2011-illinois-corgi-picnic-free...

I saw a bunch of great pictures.  It is interesting to see other peoples pictures and see some of the scenes you missed.  I especially love the one of Mia & Herky asleep on the way home.  Very Sweet!

There were a total of 16 Corgis and 20 people, I believe.

Enough to make it interesting, but not crazy.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service