I just brought Nunzio and Glory to the dog park for the first time last week. I expected them to run around with joy and abandon since they are rarely off leash when outside. Instead, they just kind of stood around and sniffed. My nephews threw balls for them, ran around calling them, and pretty much tried everything they could think of to get them moving. No joy.

Do you think this is because they were distracted by the smells, or are my dogs confused when they are off leash? Or maybe it was because we were the only ones there? We were there for a couple of hours, so I expected to see some excitement. They are used to different smells since I live in a condo development with lots of other dog families. I just don't know what to make of it.

Anyone in the area of southwest Ohio is welcome to join us at the dog park anytime. Maybe your pups can inspire mine to play.

Views: 23

Replies to This Discussion

I don't know a whole lot about Corgi behavior, but wanted to reply. You might have more luck if you star a discussion in the Forum area of this website. Then, everyone can see your question. You might get a quicker reply.
I think it takes a few visits for some dogs to "warm up" to the dog park scene. I find it helps to get them moving by walking around myself.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service