I have a one year old pembroke welsh corgi named zeus. He is my first child & the most spoiled baby ever. I had wanted a corgi since I was little and as soon as I moved out on my own I got one & zeus is everything I could have ever wished for and more in a dog. I'm hooked and I know I'll be a corgi lover for life!
Your welcome. An Animal Companion’s Ten Commandments
Category: Pets and Animals
1. My life is likely to last 10-15 years. Any separation from you is likely to be painful.
2. Give me time to understand what you want of me.
3. Place your trust in me. It is crucial for my well-being.
4. Don't be angry with me for long and don't lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your friends, your entertainments, but I have only you.
5. Talk to me. Even if I don't understand your words, I do understand your voice when speaking to me.
6. Be aware that however you treat me, I will never forget it.
7. Before you hit me, before you strike me, remember that I could hurt you, and yet, I choose not to bite you.
8. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I'm not getting the right food, I have been in the sun too long, or my heart might be getting old or weak.
9. Please take care of me when I grow old. You too, will grow old.
10. On the ultimate difficult journey, go with me please. Never say you can't bear to watch. Don't make me face this alone. Everything is easier for me if you are there, because I love you so.
Take a moment today to be thankful for your animal companions. Enjoy and take good care of them. Life would be a much duller, less joyful experience without our furry friends.
We do not have to wait for Heaven to be surrounded by hope, love, and joyfulness. It is here on Earth and has four legs!
My parents live in Panama City and may one day want another Corgi themselves. Good to know there's a breeder somewhat close to them.
The breeder said Bugg was going to turn out more of a sable color, but that doesn't seem to be the case. ;D Yes, he's adorable...he gives me the sad puppy look when I leave for work...it's almost irresistable! :(
Do you go to UWF? I remember visited that campus back in the day. Anywho, post more pics of Zeus!