First thing first, Milo was not accepted at the Atlanta Humane Society and had to spend the three days at another volunteer's house. Since that, he seems a little different--as he barks more at our dogs than he did before. I really didn't think 3 days would have changed him that much.

It was a 4 hour drive to Brunswick where we were staying. So the poor puppies were quite bored in the car the entire time. Being that they both have issues with their treats, we didn't bother to give them any until later. We did one potty stop where Cloud used the potty but Freya was too busy freaking out and barking at the cars driving by to go potty like I asked her to.

To kind of restrained them--I popped the head rest out in the back seat and put Freya's loop on the head rest and clicked it back in place. Cloud's was long enough to tie around the head rest and pop back in place. Prior to restraining them, they did what I figured they would do--"mom! He's touching me!" I wanted to buy the seat tether I saw at walmart but after inspecting it, it wasn't worth the money as it was just a rope that you connected to their harness to the seat belt. I think I'll save my money and get either a Hammock or a real seat belt tether with the male part that connect into the seat belt so it will actually restrain for once.

We get to the hotel (we stayed at a Super 8, had to be thrifty) and was pleasantly surprised that our room came with a microwave and a mini fridge. Freya's crate was the easiest to set up as she had a wire one and Cloud has the plastic one (which took up the bulk of our trunk space.) We felt that it was a bad idea to let them be free as Cloud has been known to mark everything in Petsmart if we don't watch him super close and on the off chance another dog did that in the room was chance enough not to take. Freya wasn't allowed free as she gets destructive. We tried to keep them side by side but they kept growling at each other so I put Freya near the entrance (and kept stubbing my poor toe) and that helped a lot.

They did quite good! Neither of them barked and the only dog to bark was the neighbor's dog. Freya, thankfully, is used to crate time so she was ok with it but Cloud got antsy really quick. We went to walmart and got them chewies which helped to silence them and we gave them a mild sedative to keep them quiet. Which, may not have been needed after all.

The next day we went to the beach. My little Freya is quite the swimmer! I had no idea how much she has bonded with my boyfriend, but the second he was out of view she started crying like crazy. It was kind of embarrassing as I couldn't silence her at all. She saw him in the water and was pulling to get to him and didn't register the water until after she started doggy paddling.

I will totally have to get her a life vest for next time. For the first time in her life, she allowed me to cuddle her--it was quite nice. She got tired trying to swim so I had to carry her to shore where she immediately rolled in the dirt. She pretty much slept hard the entire trip home and when we got home after playing with Milo for a bit. It was great. A tired puppy is a good puppy, will post pics later.

Views: 27


You need to be a member of to add comments!


Comment by DR, Nala & Simon on August 3, 2009 at 9:14am
Glad everything went fine. Thanks for sharing.

Rescue Store

Stay Connected


FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...



© 2023   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service