Bailey got into her heartworm medicine a few months ago and ate 3 of those little treat like montly doses at once. We talked to the vet and he said there will be no problem.

Now we are out of the heartworm medicine and we have 2 months worth of doses we are supposed to give.

is there any way I can get just the 2 doses we need without having to buck up another 50 bucks for a whole 6 month supply?
Is this needed?

Thanks

Views: 167

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I use the same thing (gotta love free samples through vet school!). Revolution does have some efficacy against intestinal parasites as well, but they missed the testing results by a couple percentage points. Just thought I'd throw that out there - it is probably still a good idea to use a general wormer just to be certain. I never knew that it had any efficacy for intestinal parasites until I talked to the rep during our Heartworm awareness day at school!
I'm glad I saw this thread. I will be bringing my first puppy home ina few months and I had no idea that they needed this tx for life, I had a dog growing up and she never had this treatment, she also was fed really cheap dog food. My parents didn't know better 30 years ago. It's amazing she lived 16 years, and was relatively healthy. I think we were just pretty lucky. Thanks for the info!

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service