I've read a few discussions on here, but my Cardi, Mason, had two ears down when I found him at a shelter. Then, for a week he had one ear up and sometimes two, and as of last night he has two ears down. I REALLY don't want to tape them, especially since he is getting over kennel cough and going through all these puppy vaccinations that he never got since he was dumped there. He's 4 months old and teething--could that be the reason this is happening? And if so, is there anything i can do that ISN'T taping?

Views: 251

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My pup is 7 weeks. Her litter mates ears were up or at least showing signs of standing. Wasn't sure if you could do it too early or not.
She is very young still, I would let nature take its course. But if you are worried, it's okay to tape, it doesn't hurt with blue painters tape.

You can try a semi-taping method.
Go online to a medical supplies story and buy Ostomy Glue (or surgical cement) then go to your local drug store and buy breathe right strips.
Paint a thin layer of glue on the strip and put the strip in the ear. Make sure that the strip has enough room at the base to allow the canal to breathe, but also hold stiffly. apply a second strip if needed.

Also please make sure the glue is applied in a thin layer, too much glue will cause it too not only dry slowly and not have a good cohesion, but also it could drip in the ear!
The glue is designed to lose stickiness after a few days, so the strips will naturally fall out as they need to be replaced, without pulling on ear hair!

Worked for my puppy, I hope you also have luck!

Ooh that sounds great! I might try that if they keep being floppy. I feel like I want to give it another month to allow teething to pass before I try anything...I'm thinking that's the reason his ears are like that, as they'll stay up sometimes, and flop others. He's missing all of his bottom front teeth right now, waiting for them to grow in...he looks hilarious!
Lance had one ear floppy when he was a pup and our vet suggested massaging the ear like what has been mentioned here, but to massage it when he was on his back so the ear was in an somewhat upright position as you were massaging the ear.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service