I just bought a clicker and scared myself by the first click! It's TOO LOUD! I wanted to use the clicker with my pup (coming in 11 days), but now I'm afraid that it will be too loud for him. I bought the cheapest and simpliest clicker. I know that there are some more expensive electronic ones with volume control. Do you have any experience with this loud clicker and your pup? Do I have to go and buy the expensive one? I don't want to scare my dog!

Views: 130

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It will be just fine, it makes a unique sound so that you dog can hear it from far away. If you think it is too loud, you can buy a glass bottle of snapple, then take the metal cap and use your finger nail to scratch it really fast, it makes the same noise, but the volume is lower.
I used a clicker with a previous dog. If you use it correctly, the dog will actually associate that sound with praise, as loud as it is. However, it does not have to be a click sound. Any sound that is easy for you to produce will achieve the same affect. A bell, or a squeaky toy, for instance, or snapping or clapping. Also, don't limit yourself to doggie noise makers, check out the baby toys! Then, just make the noise when you give praise and treats. If the sound really scares the pup, you could use it as a NO sound that will distract him from doing a no-no.

Good luck with your pup! Share pictures!

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service