So last week Josh went out and got a few sample packs of new food, taste tested them with the dogs, and then purchased a ginormous bag of the one they seemed to like the most. It's called Evo. The flavor we got is Red Meat Small Bite, and apparently the lady at the pet store recommended it. Has anyone heard anything about this food to know if it is a good quality or not? I appreciate any information.

Views: 57

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

On dogfoodanalysis.com it is rated with six stars. I have heard good things about it but one thing to be aware of is the high protein level which may be too rich for puppies.
That's what I was afraid of but apparently Josh told her how old they were and everything and she still recommended it. What are the possible consequences of too much protein?
I give my dog innova evo red meat small bites. The vet recommended it when he was a puppy and he said that the only real difference between puppy food and adult food is that puppy food has more fat which they need when theyre young. It may be very rich for your puppy's stomach. As long as your puppy can handle the food it should be fine. Innova is a great brand. They use human grade food products and they dont use any preservatives. Pa'ani always had a little allergy to lint and dust. Because of the allergy he always had a dry spot. Ever since I switched to this brand his allergy went away and hasnt come back! It really is the only brand that I will ever give him (i should probably by stock in the company...:) )
i love evo! i use to get kaijuu the red meat small bite, but being the dog he is, he doesn't like the small bites ... so now he is on large bites chicken formula .. and he really enjoys it!

if anything, you can always check out the other natural brand has: evo, innova, california natural, karma.

i mix california natural with evo just so there is a balance ... or so id like to think
Wow, such a good discussion! I am struggling with this one...

Evo is available from PetLand, while some of the other brands are only carried by boutiques.

Dr.Marty.com recommends Nature’s Variety, Merrick, and Evanger’s if the food is not going to be homecooked (um, perhaps on occasion, but not daily). I am looking at Nature's Variety, plus fresh cooked chicken and flax seed oil after the first six months, which we have done before--we just keep the organic rotisserie chicken and flax seed oil in the 'fridge and add it to the canned and kibble. I like Evo, too; even though it is not rated as high as Nature's Variety by Dr. Marty, he does mention it as a good choice: http://www.drmarty.com/feeding.htm

Am going to ask the folks at our local holistic pet shop to help me. Such a big decision! But I think the idea of a low-carb diet, like I eat ;), is my focus. Evo works for that.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service