Both of my Corgis have white feet. Rosie has white socks on three of her legs with white paws and one back leg with a white paw and no white sock. She is tri-colored otherwise. My puppy, George, has two white socks and four white paws. Do all Corgi's have white paws and/or white socks?

Views: 1787

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I call them cow spots :) Roxi had them on her belly and nose when she was a puppy b4 all her furr thinkened up.
Sent my kids to verify the smell of Tod's feet. They said the feet did smell like salty chips:)
My baby has four white socks. All of her toepads are pink, except for one toe on her front left paw that's split directly down the middle to be half pink half black.

I wonder if there is a correlation between these black spots on the pink toes and the black markings that you can sometimes see on the insides of a dog's mouth; on the roof of the mouth, the tongue, gums, etc.

Sofi also has "freckles" on her snoot. They're dark pigmented spots of skin on top of her nose. It's adorable. <3
BTW- the "salty feet" smell that you all may possibly be smelling could be due to the fact that dogs "sweat" out of their feet...

""Dogs do not produce sweat for thermoregulation. However, they do have
sweat glands, called apocrine glands, associated with every hair follicle
on their body. The exact function of these is not known, but it is
suspected that these are meant to produce pheromones or chemical signals
for communication with other dogs. These sweat secretions probably produce
an individual odor signal that is recognizable by other dogs.

Dogs also have sweat glands on the pads of their paws and on their noses.
These are eccrine glands. When these glands are active, they leave the nose
and pawpads slightly moist and help these specialized skin features
maintain their functional properties. The odor associated with dog paw pads
is much more noticeable on dogs with moist paw pads than on those with dry
pads.

Dogs also have numerous apocrine glands in their external ear canals. In
this location they are referred to as ceruminous glands."

Source: Wikipedia: Dog Odor
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dog_odor
Most modern day corgis do, if you read up on corgi history in a book with pictures, you will see they use to have a lot less white and many were even solid red! I would love to have a solid red corgi.

Out of all my pups this is the one that is the closest to having 1 non white paw.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service