I was just wondering if it was normal for a Corgi to have a protruding chest. My Corgi's is like pointed. It seems to be muscle or bone. He is about six months old. Just wanted to make sure he is ok.

Views: 2660

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's totally normal for a Corgi to have a hard bone sort of sticking out. (Right where their throat ends and their chest area begins) All dog's chests are made that way, but it just seems to be more promidant in Corgis. <3
Well, that's good news. I wasn't sure. Is that what gives Corgis their full-chested look?
Yep, most definitely! I think it sticks out more due to their short legs. I guess it 'pushed' that bone out more. All dogs have it, but Corgi's are definitely bigger. Lol! I wonder if Dachshunds have them too?
that's good to know! I've often wondered the same thing. You can definitely feel that bone when you're petting her, but I haven't noticed it on other breeds of dogs
My borzoi's breast bone sticks out a lot! You can see it due to the fact that he hasn't got his full coat yet and plus he's a high performance breed. The breast bone sticks out on all breeds...it's just more prominent in some breeds.

Your corgi is a cute! :-)
Thanks...he is!
My corgi seems to use it as a battering ram to knock over other dogs. I think that corgis have developed it specifically for this purpose.
I have seen this happen a lot except you take out dog and put in MY LEGS.
Great question, I often wondered that myself.
Duncan uses his chest as a "battering ram:" to get his sister, Chloe to play. He'll run up to her and hit her with his chest a couple of times, which seems to irritate her and she reacts. He uses his chest to herd us along by bumping the back of our legs when we walk.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service