I know this has been hashed over before,but,I couldnt remember if I had seen this brand mentioned previously-its called ORIJEN. I just found it and its a high protein kibble-70% protein,30% fruits vegetables botanicals,and 0% grain. The brosure about it seems quite impressive and its made in Canada. Has anyone used this food?>Bethany

Views: 167

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

After switching Henry (4 months old) to Orijen puppy he developed the runs. I was quite disappointed. I have had him solely on Orijen for a week and no improvement. I had to switch to another food. Turns out it was just too high protein for him. I am now trying Wellness 5 for puppies. Hopefully his potty problems improve. He was on Iams/Science diet and he ever had any issues. My main concern is that I don't want him to have any byproducts in his food.
Wellness 5 is a great choice...at least it was for us. I hope Henry feels better soon!
Ginny started on Orijen as a puppy. Seemed to like it pretty well, but I eventually switched her over to another food, Nature's Variety, which is designed to be rotated after every bag, so they get different protein sources. It isn't grain free, but the grain is not corn, it's things like barley, oats, millet, etc., and it's a little less expensive. You want to really stay away from corn fillers and anything that lists any sort of animal "byproducts." Orijen is a high-quality food, but some dogs may be sensitive to so much protein, and it wouldn't be recommended for dogs with any sort of kidney problems. If your dog is doing well on it, great! High-quality dog foods are good because you can feed less food and your dog will get more nutrition. A healthy dog fed a premium food should exhibit signs of energy, healthy coat, bright eyes, and weight management.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service