Has anybody else done this? I was on a trip to NYC and had to leave Emma behind. (She doesn't travel well and so I don't even think about bringing her unless the trip will be over a week.)

Three days into the trip, I was in Greenwich Village when I saw this really cute little bunny butt walking down the street. MDW got pulled along as I hurried up so I could catch up and get my "Corgi fix". Sake (like the drink) was more than happy to give me licks and snuggles. Her owner just laughed as I explained why I had to come up and say hello.

My wife tells me I may live this down, in a decade or two. By the way, we have a catagory for Cori behavior, but not one for Corgi Owner Behavior, which is at least as interesting.

Views: 196

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

As we spent years trying to find our corgi, my daughter and I would do the same thing to every corgi we would meet. I guess you could call it a "pre-corgi" fix!
Now, even when I'm at work and missing my pups, I come to this website to read new stories or look at pictures and videos to get my corgi fix!
We're going on vacation in a month and I miss them already!
Ok, I admit it, if I am out and about I will go out of my way to catch up to someone to get a Corgi fix. When I travel for work and I am in Alexandria VA I have to stop in a little touristy shop just to pet the owners Corgi. I have no interest in buying anything. When I take my Corgi kids to town, I have had people stop in their cars and get out just so they can come pet the Corgis--we are not alone in this quirky behavior.
I live in Alexandria, VA - what shop has a Corgi owner for an owner?? :)
We were camping last weekend and a girl saw Brody and used him for her "corgy fix" he was MORE than happy to oblige - she said her family has corgis and she really missed them!
I think I am addicted to Corgis. I find myself replying to the photos on here all the time, saying how cute the person's Corgi is! So, I guess I'm crazy in love with Corgis, too...
I'll admit it i had a fixation for corgi's since I was I child. and now that i have been on this site and meeting corgi owners I am truly addicted! i can't help but look at everyones pictures and make comments. this has become my guilty pleasure.
I do the same thing.. I think its just something about the Corgi breed. They are not as common as other breed's like Golden's or Labrador's which I see everywhere I go. And who could resist their funny looking body's and their butt wiggle.. Nobody really.
You can get your corgi fix, if you're shopping in DC, at a great little boutique called Coffee and the Works, at 1627 Connecticut Ave., NW, which is not far from the Q Street stop of the Dupont Circle metro station.

The shop owner has a friendly, beautiful tri-color corgi (who doesn't work on Mondays LOL), who can be found in the store, or sometimes right outside--I saw him "inspecting" a package that had arrived one day, which drew me to the store that day, to pet the little guy, and talk to the store owner. Oh, and the store has a great collection of gourmet tea as well as coffee, and other gourmet treats, such as natural dog biscuits, kitchenware, and great gifts.
Thanks for the Corgi fix suggestion in DC. I'll be certain to stop next time I'm in town for business.
An unexpected online corgi fix--the environmental tip website idealbite.com has a Pembroke corgi mascot. You have to go to its blog, then to the picture gallery, and click on pictures of "The Cricket" (the corgi's name). They've posted pics there of her as a pup and as a big girl.

(That site originally drew me into viewing it via online ads featuring Cricket, who's totally adorable, of course. Oh, and the site does have good tips, as well.)
I was watching a NCIS rerun last night and this episode featured a lot of corgis! They were so cute.

Another fun website I used to go to all the time before I found mycorgi is http://www.zippyweb.com . Cute stuff!
hahaha i found zippyweb.com once and i was so excited!! i bookmarked it. its so cute.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service