Penny got spayed and she doesnt want to sit still!!

We just got Penny spayed Tuesday May 20th. She was groggy when she first came home and during the first night but now she is back to her normal self and even seems more energetic than she was before the surgery. I've been keeping her in my bedroom, all puppy proof, with everything off the floor and nothing for her to jump on but she still wants to play like crazy with her toys. Is this ok or do you think this would be considered too much activity? I guess I'm just not sure exactly how much activity to restrict and for how long?

Views: 45

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Winnie was spayed in April. we stopped winnie's pain medication early (2 days) and I started taking her on walks on the 3rd day. we couldn't keep her still and i would rather have her on a controled walk that have her frappy all day. by the time we went to get the stiches out 10 days later Winnie was on her normal run and play schedule. I was so suprised at how easy the process was on her and on us.
It is okay for Penny to run around and play as usual inside the house. She won't do anything that makes her feel uncomfortable or sore. Until her stitches are removed (14 days post-surgery) any outside activity should be leash controlled. Other than that you and Penny will be just fine. :-)
Thanks for the reassuring replies!! Penny AND I feel much better now! I'll let you guys know how she heals :-)

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service