When I bought Havoc at 2 years old, I was informed by my veterinarian that he needed a dental. At that time I was only 18 and still in school - I couldn’t afford to get my teeth cleaned let alone get my dogs done. 4 years later, Havoc final got a dental and blood work. His blood work was remarkable and his teeth/gums had minimal gingivitis with heavy plaque and tartar buildup. My veterinarian said his gum line looked good for his age with very little recession. Anyways he has anyways had bad breath!! It’s just something that I’ve learned to live with....lol..I’ve had him on expensive dental food that is supposed to chemically help bad breath, tarter and plaque build up but find it has not helped out much. I have a bunch of dental toys and treats which he loves, but still no change in the breath!!! I also brush them twice a month which I know I should do much more but figure the food and toys would help out with that. Does anyone else face this problem???What more can I do???Is this a problem in corgis????

Views: 64

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If you fee him high quality food, well, how do I put this. They tend to enjoy their food twice. Once on input and once on output. That is a pretty common occurance with dogs.
More brushing is all you can do, Gingivitis is inflammation of the gum, due to a build up or plaque and tartar. So if you brush more, it'll reduce the buildup and plaques = no more inflammation. Prevention is cheaper than operation :)
I agree with Sam on more frequent brushing. I brush Charlie's teeth at least 2x a week, sometimes more since he thinks the chicken flavored toothpaste is a great treat. : - ) Most groomers also offer a teeth scaling service. In between full dental cleanings by your vet, you might have his teeth scaled or have a groomer show you how to do it yourself.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service