Well, I just came back from a breeder, where I met the most adorable balls of fur!!! If all goes well, I'll be picking up a male red&white puppy in 4-5 weeks, I can't contain the excitement!

I've already been brainstorming names, but most names that come to mind are girl names, so I thought I'd turn to you guys for some suggestions :D

Just a couple of guidelines - I would like a fairly unique name (so no common names like Ein, Gizmo, etc.), and I prefer no human names (like Eddie, Timmy, etc.)

List of considered names so far (vote for your favorites!):

Alfie
Arthur (can be shortened to Arty)
Astro
Banshee
Elver (or Elmer)
Gimli
Iorek
Kai
Niko
Orion (or Arian)
Polaris (can be shortened to Polar)
Rigel
Rocko
Yasha
Yoshi

Views: 236

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

LOL if my dog was named Alfie I'd keep hearing that song in my head "what's it all about, Alfie?"
Hmm, never heard this song, maybe it's a good thing though :)
Well I am particular to Iorek because I adored the character in Golden Compass. Polaris is good also, Gimli is good also. Good luck! One thing you could do is wait on a name and check out the personality and it might just come to you then. That is what we did, sort of, I had a list and we waited. Lily is indeed a Lily, not a Bacall.
I'll definitely wait for the pup's arrival to pick a final name, but I'm just trying to narrow it down to fewer choices beforehand :) He actually has a name, which makes it a little harder since in a way I feel like I shouldn't rename him, but I want to keep options open since I'm not head over hills for his current name :)
Winston
Niko
Someone I know named his dogs Waterford and Crystal.
I'm naming my little one (male) Saxan.
Chomper
1. Land Before Time
2. Puppies chew everything all the time
&
3. You can also call him Sharptooth
Puppy teeth are sharp
If Edie was a boy, I wanted to name her Phinneus. Phin/Finn for short!
Sirius - the Dog Star, alpha Canis Major (Orion's Big Dog) brightest star in the sky
Procyon - alpha Canis Minor (Orion's Little Dog). Pro-see-un. Pro-see or Pro for short. This is best for a masked blackheaded tri though, because it's also the genus name of the raccoons.
I like Alfie, might have to use that one myself.
I like Arty, Rocko & Yoshi.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service