I just got my puppy boy from his breeder today (not have decided on his name yet :-) He is 10-week old. When we went to the breeder's place and checked on him, he was sort of sleepy because it was in the afternoon. So we thought it was OK. However, after we took him back to our home, we found that he was very inactive. We gave him all kinds of toys, he simply ignored them. He just lies there and looks arround or closes his eyes and sleeps. I am a little worried. Shouldn't puppy be very active, especially when you give him some toys? (His breeder did say that he tends to be quieter compared to his sister, but he could also get very active sometimes.) He didn't eat much tonight, either. Is there anything wrong? Help!!!!

Views: 4884

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ein was very inactive/mellow as a pup, as well. As long as he grows, thrives, and is active at times, I wouldn't worry too much. As for the eating, when Ein was a little pup, we were lucky to get him to eat one bowl (1/2 the amount the bag recomended for his size) per day. And to get him to do that, we wet his food, added rice krispies or cheerios... anything to get him to eat something. Then he was neutered and became Mr. Hungry Mouth. Got overweight (his highest was 32 pounds) and we switched him to adult lite food at about 10-11 months old. He didn't get back down to a normal weight until we moved to Georgia last fall (he's more active now) and he'll be 4 in July.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service