How to avoid water getting into his ears when bathing?

Dear all,
I am about to give Frodo (yes! I finally decided on the name of my new puppy!) his first bath at our home. How to avoid water getting into his ears, any tips?

Views: 51

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Put one of those cotton balls into each ear. Also, while washing around his face and eyes I use a wash cloth, keeps too much soap from getting into the eyes. Good luck and stand by for a good frapping session after the bath. LOL
Word to the wise, while you bathe him have someone else vac the carpet before he gets out.
I use baby shampoo on the head so it wont hurt the eyes. I usually try to get little soap around the eyes. I hold the ears at an angle so the water doesnt go straight in. They may get a little but will shake it out. First baths can be pretty challenging. Do know that they do the "after bath dance" and run wildly through the house and roll. Close the door and towel him well before you set him free!
Well, how did the bath go? Did it get Frodo wound up any? I was hoping to hear how your little one finally got moving!
I tried the cotton ball thing with my dog, but it really bothers him so he just shakes it out. I bought an ear cleaner so after i give him a bath i also clean his ears, that way they wont get infected.
For Frodo's first bath, I ended up not washing his head. He was pretty scared and kept trying to drump out, but other than that, the bath went well. He smells nice now!

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service