Hi Everyone! I would love to know the opinions of some veteran corgi owners - at petsmart, while picking up all of our supplies for our new corgi, the associate helping us recommended the Kong brand Zoom Groom as a good brush for Flash our 11 week old. I've used it on him and it doesn't seem to attract any fur, but I also don't think he's shedding right now. All the online reviews I've read of this product state that it's amazing and it works on all breeds, collecting the undercoat "before it hits the floor". Have any of you tried this product, or is there something that works better to reduce shedding? Thanks!

Views: 1419

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It is an Ok product, i find it handy to pick up hair in the car, it does pick up some on the dogs, but not very effective. I would recommend the furminator
The furminator is great. I havent used the kong though.
I love the furminator. I even use it on my kitties and it pulls a ton of hair off of them as well. It basically rules.
really doesnt work well on corgis. i use it instead when scout is getting a bath. it helps get the shampoo into that corgi coat! and there, you will see a lot of hair.
Hey that's a great idea! It does work well with shampoo doesn't it?
we love the furminator so does my sister in law with two cats
Another one for the furminator.
I'll have to try it when I give him a bath again soon....

Update: I did try the zoom groom on my cat, Bella - who is a shorthair, but still sheds an enormous amount of hair. It did attract a lot of fur to the actual mechanism, and collected a lot more fur than I thought possible, however, it didn't really trap the fur and it seemed like fur was flying everywhere. I think I'll try the furminator, especially when Flash starts his shedding.
Furminator, furminator, furminator!!! Get it online, much cheaper!
I just recently got the furminator too and it is AWESOME. I had no idea how much Grover was shedding!
I found a deshedding tool at walmart that looks exactly like the furminator, plus its cheaper
Really? can you find a pic? or remember the brand name? How much was it?

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service