Hi Everyone! I would love to know the opinions of some veteran corgi owners - at petsmart, while picking up all of our supplies for our new corgi, the associate helping us recommended the Kong brand Zoom Groom as a good brush for Flash our 11 week old. I've used it on him and it doesn't seem to attract any fur, but I also don't think he's shedding right now. All the online reviews I've read of this product state that it's amazing and it works on all breeds, collecting the undercoat "before it hits the floor". Have any of you tried this product, or is there something that works better to reduce shedding? Thanks!

Views: 1417

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It is called the furbuster by bamboo

You can also interchange the combs
I bought the furbuster too...Penny seems to hate it though. She likes to be brushed with a regular brush but I don't know if this pulls her fur or what..she gets all freaked out.
My mom got a furbuster for her cat and it works great!
I have a furminator for Callie and love it, I wish I knew about it for my previous dogs!
I got the deshedder first, but the furminator works better, I think.
Probably by Bamboo. It's not bad, but does seem to dull quickly and the handles break.
I know a lot of people who like the Zoom Groom for bathing/sudsing.

So far, I've been able to remove all of Charlie's loose undercoat with a shedding blade. http://www.amazon.com/BAMBOO-ADJUSTABLE-SIZE-SHEDDING-BLADE/dp/B000...

The shedding blade works so well to keep him from shedding, that I haven't justified spending the bucks on a Furminator. I did see that Bamboo has a competing "Furbuster" to the Furminator at a slower price. If Charlie's fur ever gets uncontrolable with the shedding blade, I'll probably pick up the Bamboo Furbuster: less expensive and the replacement blades are also about half.
http://www.entirelypets.com/furbuster.html
there's no real need to comb your dog at 11 weeks old. If anything, use a brush to let flash get used to the feel of being brushed. make it a rewarding experience for him if anything.

But yes, the furminator is a Godsend. Truly a gift from the corgi gods. enjoy the puppy fur right now. these upcoming months are precious and few. once Flash starts shedding usually sometime after 6 months, prepare to have corgi fur in your clothes, car, food, etc...

the furminator own us. those who have use it swear by it. most will agree that they'll gladly pay $50+ for this magical brush.
I love the my furminator!!
Trust me. Get the Furminator. I was uncertain myself but after everybody bombarded me with advice on the furminator, I bought one and it is AMAZING. I got so much hair out of Blaze the first time we brushed him-- the furball was almost as big as he was.
I use our zoom groom to get the shampoo into depths of the corgi fur. Works really well and I usually get a lot of hair out this way.

To get hair when just combing, I would use the furminator, like everyone else has suggested. He is really young still, so he may not be shedding as much as an older dog.
As a PetSmart Trainer, here are my thoughts and recommendations: The ZoomGroom is a good item to use during a bath. It's good at getting the loose hair and undercoat, but predominately during bath time. It's also good at picking up hair on furniture and in the car. The rubber tips are great for that.

To de-shed your dog, get a Furminator. Yes, I know it's expensive, but the dang thing works like a charm! The first time we used it on all of our corgi clan, we filled a trash bag full of fur. We could've made an extra corgi!
I've been using a cheap Conair "rake" to get the undercoat... takes very little work and goes right to the undercoat without being too rough. Rolo has taken to bringing Mommy the comb because the handle has rubber grippies on it. Suggested retail is like 8 bucks but I got it for a dollar in a Big Lots bin. SCORE! :)

http://www.doggoneclean.com/browseproducts/Conair-Pet-Undercoat-Rak...

BUT... If Flash is only 11 weeks old, he probably won't have much hair coming out anyway. Rolo didn't start to need it until he was about 6 months old. Up til then, we used a regular soft bristle nylon brush to groom him.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service