I've had Mei on California Natural for over a year now with no problems, unless someone slips her human food. I recently moved home for the summer and since then...she's been having mushy poops. I usually know the cause of it, but this time I'm not 100% sure. My parents keep telling me that they aren't feeding her human food and I feel bad if I'm constantly accusing them. Another thing that makes me wonder is that I've recently changed up the flavoring from chicken to lamb. I didn't think about gradually easing her into the lamb since they were both from California Natural. Could that be the problem?

Views: 85

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I changed it 3 weeks ago.
The sudden switch to different foods could be the problem. The ingredients are different, and that matters even if the brand is the same. How long ago did you switch from chicken to lamb, and is that when the loose poo started?
I changed the food about 3 weeks ago. I think that's about the time the mushiness came into the picture too.
After 3 weeks, I would think his poop would be firming up again unless there's an ingredient not agreeing with him. You might try a chicken and rice diet for a couple days to see if his poo gets firmer, then start mixing a bit of the kibble back in, a little more each day. If a bland diet clears him up, but adding the kibble back makes him loose again then I would suspect the food. (Of course, we are assuming that your family is not giving him people food too.)

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service