What are some safe toys to leave my puppy with?

My husband and I leave our puppy in her kennel during the day, and I want to give her a toy that will hold her interest. I've filled her kong with peanut butter and froze it so it lasts longer, but she tends to get hiccups from incessantly trying to get the peanut butter out, and it only lasts her about 10 minutes, then she's wanting something else. Any suggestions? I don't want to leave her with a cloth toy for fear that she'll chew it up while we're gone and eat the stuffing.

Views: 83

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Chloe has a rope or Natural bone. Most likely they will sleep all day though. :)
Lily has a toy pig that we got at Old Navy. It has stood up well to her playing with it and has no wear or tear on it whatsoever. It is a sturdy plastic. Also we have a one of those rag rope toys with a hard plastic chew thingie on it. She has many toys, and all of them are in really good shape considering she plays with them on a constant basis. I can look outside and she is playing with all of them at any given time of day. Good luck on the search.
While I had a bad experience with a nylabone rubber puppy bone (Cruise ate half of one), I have found that the puppy teething keys are quite good...at least while baby teeth are still in. The puppy bone is too soft...the keys are pretty hard and dokeep the interest.

http://www.nylabone.com/products/puppy/puppy-teething-keys174.htm
Awww, puppy hiccups...I miss those days. : - ) I experimented with lots of toy types and textures, and permanently took away any that Charlie would destroy and eat/swallow pieces. Rope toys, kongs, the super-hard nylabones for tough chewers (I took away the soft puppy Nylabone), tennis balls, Wiggly Giggly ball were survivors. The soft latex squeaky toys (less than a dollar at Walmart) also surprisingly survived...Charlie could easily shred those if he wanted to but he has always been happy to gently chew on them just enough to make them squeak. Give your pup any new toy under supervision to see how she reacts and treats it before leaving her alone with it all day.
My other Corgi Tiki is like Charlie...very tough on toys...she can pretty much destroy any toy given to her...i think she accepts it as a challenge ;)
Thanks for all the advice! Yams chews through anything it seems, so the tougher the toy the better. I think I'll have to skip any Nylabone "puppy" toys because she seems like she's ready for the "Big Kid" toys NOW! :)

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service