Hi! I'm pretty sure that pig ears can be high in fat, and not good to give your dog all the time. We have been giving my dog pork butt bones (my husband works at a restaurant), and I was wondering if they were bad to feed to your dog all the time. Anyone know?

Views: 2967

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Much depends if the dog is just chewing the bone or actually eating it. There are some that feed a raw diet that includes bones but they are not cooked. Not sure that raw pork is on that menu. Cooked bones can easily splinter and cause damage to the GI tract. I would not choose to feed them to my dogs.
I'm feeding him cooked pork butt bone. He eats it, and it only takes him 30-60 minutes. At my husband's restaurant, they cook the meat on the bone, and have the bones left over. A lady at his work said they were fine for dogs to eat. But, they are unsafe?
No cooked bones. Raw only. Cooked bones splinter this is bad. Pork and chicken bones are two of the softest so you can feed them the whole bone. Never leave your dog unattended when feeding bone - bad things can happen if the pieces are too small and sharp. It's best to feed meaty bones- lots of good chewing action and helps clean the teeth- I sometimes give frozen raw pork riblets. It takes them longer to chew and they get a good workout. Pork, being one of the fattiest meats could lead to some digestive problems- i.e. loose poopers. Raw bones do the opposite of fat- so if you have a corgi with the trots- a little bone in the diet should set that right in no time. Too much bone is easy to spot because the poop goes white.

HTH

Ziska

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service