So my little boy bowser has been making alot of progress with commands like leave it, sit, potty, and come here.

But latley (he is 3 months and a week old now) we have had him for about a month now he is starting to not listen.

I have read a lot on here about how to train for those commands and the leave it one works great with his toys and with a treat in my hand, but out side or in other parts of the house he turns into a vacuum and doesn't listen. (im gonna start trying to teach him "drop it" to help with that. But man when he feels like being a brat and i know he has to take a poo he just goes after little leaf or piece of dirt around his potty area.

For come here we would do where me and or my girlfriend would hide from him and call his name and when we see him coming we would say come here and it seemed to work great even outside but now he is more interested in trying to find something to chew or eat off the ground.

Another thing is that our vet (very nice lady and fellow dog owner) said to hold his mouth shut (gently ofcourse) and not let go when he wiggles or growls and saying no biteing (when he use to try to bite alot, for example heals, hands, pants etc) Now with his behavior not showing the progress he was doing im scared that this is a bad thing over time we are doing to stop him from biting.

Hope any of that made since but i just was wondering what you guys think would be best to help with training him into being a loving puppy again hehe, and i know repetition is key but it is almost like he is use to the repetition that if he does what he isnt (like grabing a pair of socks) and then finaly leaves it he will get a treat.

Views: 61

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Pups this young have a very short attention span. Regarding the "leave it" command sounds like you are doing well but do remember he is still so young and exploring life. I would not expect this command to be solid until he is well over a year. While I periodically do a snout grab I also give the command "no bite" It is rare that I have to touch a snout more then a few times. Remember not to interact in any play with your hands, always use a toy. If a redirection of any sort does not seem to be working it is always best to come up with another plan. The spray bottle works wonders for some. Be sure with any redirection to use a verbal command at the same time so they learn. Keep up the good work....sounds like you are doing just fine.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service