I'm looking for a good vet to take Reese. I live in the Southeast Orange County area (UCF, Waterford, Lee Vista areas). My boyfriend and I don't have a ton of money so a reasonably priced vet would be ideal. Any suggestions???

Views: 249

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There is a vet, I forget the name. But it's on Lake Underhill between Alafaya and Dean Road. It's pretty new (at least it was 5 years ago). Do not go to that one, there have been so many problems there. Your a UCF student? (I was too)
Waterford Animal Hospital is what your talking about I think. What problems have you heard there?? I thought about going there... *phew* I am a UCF Alumni. You got you'r corgi from Celeste, right?? I'm getting Reese from her. I'm actually going to visit on Thursday and I can not wait! Which vet do you go to??
Well, we took the family dog to that place back when I was there and they had a million problems. From losing records to overcharging (and then filing a dispute with Equafax against my parents). They also gave our dog an extra bordatello vax. then said "oops". What if it were something that could have hurt her? Anyway, this was along time ago, so it may be okay now. I got Cheez-it from Celeste yes, I use a vet in Jacksonville, a bit out of your way. The vet Celeste uses is near you. I picked Cheez-it up from there and it was a really nice place. It's just a few minutes into Oveido from the UCF area. I no longer have the address but ask Celeste about it.
Ah ok... good to know. Well if I don't hear from anyone else I will just stick with the one Celeste goes to. I believe it's the vet she still has listed on her website. Thanks for the information!
Yes the address is in the FAQ section.
My Orlando geography is not at its finest but I know our rescue organization often used Dr. Hall at Oviedo Animal Hospital. No doubt he gave us a break because we do rescue but might be worth checking in to. Good luck. Veterinary prices have soared! You may also seek out a low cost spay/neuter clinic and learn about them. The one in our area is great!
Great! Thank you for your recommendation... I'll keep them in consideration.
Has anyone taken their Corgi to the low cost vaccinations at PetCo?? What are your thoughts???
I thought about petco, but after looking around. Most vets in the area have a vax plan that is only a slight bit more expensive. Dollars really. Besides those come with a vet visit, and you will have questions for your vet. Lord knows I did. From chewing, not eating, tail chasing, bloody teeth, fleas, allergy, strange behavior, what I thought was an ear infection, and worms. Oh god worms, and tapeworms require a vet visit. Went through that too.
Good point. I hope I don't go through too many vet visits so soon! When you picked up Cheez-It, did you take him to another vet within the 48 hrs??
I did because of the health contract (not to void his warranty lol) and because he had a birth defect I wanted another opinion on. (It wasnt a big deal and happens to all dogs, dont let that put you off from Celeste, I really like that breeder and if/when I get another pup I will go back to her).
I have a vet appointment set up for Banzai on the 26th. Try calling around to get an appointment set up for Reese. If you do the foot work now you won't be in a panic after you get her.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service