Has anyone seen these listings on Puppyfind about "rare dappled pembroke corgis"?

It's a total rip off...more like blue merle cardigans with docked tails or corgi/dachshund mixes, due to the fact if you look down at the bottom of each puppy's page you will see a title saying "Home Raised Miniature Long hair Dachshunds" which will probably explain the "dappled"
Why would someone think this is a good idea to do this?

http://www.puppyfind.com/view_listing/?list_id=q4c85181ds&back=...

The...."breeder"....is also offering AKC registration papers as well! I think this kind of thing is horrible to see...

Forgive me if this is posted in the wrong area.

Views: 298

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Good eye. Anyone breeding dogs that are "rare" as to color or size different from the breed standard is certainly trying to make an extra dollar and has little interest in anything more then the money to be made. Sadly many people think that rare is something they must have. The latest craze in "pocket pets" has created small dogs that possess many health issues. The shelters are full of them.
So true, so true.
lol! Love the unicorn thing! Too cute--

I agree....

The internet is just full of scams now a days. I hope those pups find a good home though, because they are cute just really bad owners. :-(
Yup, most people have a false sense of security when they read "AKC registered", AKC is just a piece of paper with a logo and the name of the dog and it's parents.

AKC does have some sort of a breed code, but it has no system to verify, no means of controlling or policing anything a breeder does.

AKC allows inbreeding and will register those puppies as pure-bred without indicating the inbreeding on their registration certificates. Inbreeding cause hereditary disorders.
Hmm, it's a dead link now. Was anyone able to see what it looked like?
yes I did see it and they did look like blue merles with no tail. It is ashame that these people are just looking for money and not looking after the best interest of the breed. :(
Tsk, tsk, I saw that as well. It's either a Cardigan Corgi with it's tail docked or a dachshund/corgi mix due to the fact dachshund can come in blue merle. Shame, those people are total scammers. They should have researched the breed first and probably would have read that Pembroke Welsh Corgis do not come in any merle color.

I wish people would just get a life...
Yay!!! They found this person and shut them down!! The post has been deleted! Good because that just makes me sick. A Cardi is a Cardi and should stay a Cardi.
Amen, to FuzzyButt's opinion. From a Cardigan Lover
How terrible.. When I clicked the link yesterday, i saw the page and a message popped up and said "Message Sent". I guess it was reporting her. Im happy shes not listed anymore.
Tried to check it out and the listing has been deleted. Hmmmm.... Glad they found out what was going on and shut it down. I can't stand when folks use "creative advertising" to jump up the price. Makes me nuts.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service