My 7 years old corgi has been breathing really fast

I have a corgi and he is about 7 years old, latley he has been breathing really fast! about 3-4 times a second, and he didn't do that when he was younger, It really is starting to worry me! Does anyone know why this may be happening?

Views: 149

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Could it be heat related? As dogs age, they are less tolerant of heat and exercise. Worst case, panting is also a sign of stress, discomfort (pain) and/or anxiety. I would closely monitor his other daily activities and see if you can figure out what triggers the heavy panting.
If he is doing this constantly I would say it is time to visit your vet. Higher respirations could be a result of many things. How is his weight? Is he on heartworm prevention? Is he acting otherwise normally? Is his environment cool? Have their been any big changes in your home or family make up as of late? Answers to these questions could help you find the cause.
thank you for your replys! they really helped!
Does it sound like your corgi is wheezing and gasping for air for a few seconds? Our Bryson has the same issue, I think it's called reverse sneezing, which from what I read can happen in corgis frequently. Most sources say it's harmless (so did our vet, as long as it spontaneously resolve). I think it's wise to take your corgi to the vet just to be safe, hope everything turns out OK!

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service