Do your Corgi's bark alot? Harry is still only a pup but he is always barking at our cats and I am not really sure how to get him to stop! Any suggestions?? He loves them so it's not like he's barking because he does not like them!

Views: 323

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dax isnt a really big "bark-for-no-reason" type of puppy. He barks when we play sometimes, or if I fuss at him he'll bark at me (and he always has to have the last word. I've tested this). A couple of times he's stood in the hallway staring very intently at the door and bark/growl. I'm not really sure why, because theres nothing there, kinda creeps me out. Heh. Or when he hears the garage door open, a car door shut, or somebody knocks on the door, he'll "wuff" really low and watch the door. Hehe. He never barks when he's in his kennel, but he will whine. I generally try to keep him out when I'm home but sometimes I just can't watch him. I feel lucky that he's not such a barker, but I've found that when he does start one of his little fits, if I just walk away and ignore him, he stops. Then again, its usually ME that he's barking at, not another animal, so that's probably why...
ah, yes. Ein is a great "watch dog", as is our collie. Many people will not agree with our method, but we used a bark collar. Nothing else was working. Ein only had to be shocked twice before he learned what the phrase "bark collar" meant. Now all we have to do is ask Ein, "Do you need a bark collar?" and he usually quiets down.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service