quick question, do most of you guys use water bowls or water bottles for your corgi? Our Wally LOVES to play with his water and step in his water bowl, which of course turns it all murky and dirty. would it be a better idea to have a water bottle attached to his crate instead?

Views: 69

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Mine has a water bowl and a number of water containers outside.She did used to play in her inside bowl when she was alot younger,but,outgrew it.There has been no splashing or drips all over,in the house for monthes-thank goodness!
I hope Wally eventually outgrows it too because he always makes such a mess =T
Dexter plays with his water also...

I purchased a water bottle for him but I just don't think he can get enough water out of it so I haven't moved away from the water bowl yet.

Is there anything that can be done to stop them from playing with their water bowl?
Steve used to play with any pool of water he saw (water bowl, kiddie pool, sprinkler, hose) when he was younger. He loves baths so much that he'll jump into the tub after I finish towel drying him.
I initially got a water bottle but it didn't seem to quench his thirst and it also leaked after only 1.5weeks. So, I got the Snap'y Fit 2Qt bowl (you can find it at the PetSmart store or online). I put it high enough that he can't get his paw inside to splash around but he can comfortably drink out of it. The snap'y fit bowl has worked out great!
Alrighty, so no on the water bottle and just wait until he outgrows the splashing around... Thanks guys =].
I know someone that used tupperware to stop this. She put the lid on and cut a hole for the dogs nose to drink, then attached it to the floor (actually a heavy piece of wood). The dog figured it out and drank and eventually when she removed the lid he stopped playing in it.
Cruise is driving us nuts...he routinely tips his water bowl over and spills the entire bowl. We have tried heavy bowls and even the kind that hold a reservoir of water (that one he tipped and chewed it when we were not home. Any suggestions?

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service