Does anyone else have a problem catching their corgi in the house? Everyone at work laughs at me - "Oh how can he run that fast with those little legs??" But seriously, I was always late getting back to work after lunch because I'd have to bodyslam him, trick him, or have a neighbor call him and snatch him up!! I'd be all sweaty, and he would think it was just a great game!! But now I leave his 4 ft lead on him while I eat my meal and while we play a bit. . .and when it's time for him to get back in his crate, I can just step on it and reel him in like a 25 lb fish!! And in the crate he goes. . .:)

Views: 137

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I can understand people's skepticism. However, growing up on a dairy farm taugh me a lot about working with animals. My dad is cool hand Luke. He could catch and work with any animal, no matter how wild or what species. He had a structured routine and that turned out to be a great tool for getting animal cooperation. Even in moments of panic (when the horse reared and flipped over in the trailer, for example) he never ran, never yelled, never lost his cool, and that made everything easier. I think because he was the farmer, everyone went by his game plan, and trusted him because of his consistent, calm demeanor. However, being so controlled is not easy for most of us. It takes a lot of experience and practice!
wow...I typically have no problem getting kaycee to come to me. "Come here" with assertiveness. If it doesn't help, I say "go home" and she enters her crate on her own. It all started the moment we brought her home, if she ever ran away, we'd put her into submission mode for a couple of seconds/minutes (depending on her age) and now we hardly have to put her into submission at all. It's nice when we're at the dog park, and she comes back....reluctantly, but she still comes back to us. It may sound harsh now that I read it, but kaycee is so obedient, and it's not out of fear. We've never hit her at all. seriously! :D people ask us all the time if we've taken kc to obedience school, and ask me if i would be willing to train their pups.
Nobody catches a Corgi....hehehe....They run super fast despite their cute short legs.
Its surprising how many of my friends say that. Everyone mentions about fat or snoozing corgis so everyone meets Roxi thinking she'll be the typical low exercise dog...

Its fun to see their surprise when she starts playing with them :)

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service