OK, so my daughter is out of town at church camp. She is the one who usually cleans Lily's kennel. There has been no mention of loose stool to me, and I have not noticed any when I have been out there playing with her and stuff. Today I went out to feed her and play, and noticed that her stool is a little loose, not runny, but really soft. We give her some moist food (Blue Buffalo) and some dry (also Blue Buffalo) in the evenings. Her breakfast is just dry food. It also is a bit smelly. I know that poop is supposed to smell, but there also seems to be a bit more than usual. Do I need to worry, or does this happen with moist food? She still has a TON of energy and runs, plays, and jumps around as she usually does.

Views: 102

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

When we fed our dog moist food, his stool did seem looser. He now only gets dry food and it seemed to help.
Yes, moist food will make the stool "less" compact :)
Thanks so much Sam and Natalie. This makes me feel a little better. I just worry about her. I am glad that she is eating well now and did not want to have made a mistake in anything. :)
Your Welcome, how is Lily doing?
Lily is doing great, running and playing like usual :) She is amazing!
The key here is the change in food. Many dogs will have a loose stool if the diet has changed. It would be best to keep her on the diet she is accustomed to.
Yeah, we've noticed the same thing on the few times that we've added moist food. We don't give it to them any more because of it.
Lily's stool has firmed up quite a bit now. I am not sure what caused such loose stool, but I am sure glad that it has changed back to normal. It makes it so much easier to clean her kennel.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service