Still have 10 weeks to go till we bring our puppy home and in my corgi research I found this breeders' website and her story of a 70 lb corgi named Reba.
Mary Ann Jones mentioned it in this thread. last October.

It was one the breeders' puppies that she had place 2 years before and the owners called and asked if they could return the dog and the breeder was shocked to see Reba's condition.

See the story on the website, which includes before and after pictures:
Honeyfox

Nutshell: Reba lost the weight after a year and today is happy and healthy but the story still breaks my heart and I wanted to share.

~Cindy

Views: 506

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

OH MY GOSH!!!!! That's amazing. By the way, congratulations on your new pup. That is almost unbelievable. Well I'm glad that Reba lost that weight. That's inspirational.
Sweet Lord! I can't believe someone would let that poor thing get like that! She was miserable. At least you got her back and was able to help the poor thing. I am glad she has a good life now.
The breeder was able to get her back and place her again. I was just relaying the story. Sorry for the confusion.
Poor doggie!!! Sometimes I think my Corgi is broken... she doesn't touch her food very often. I mean, she'll eat, but I could have her food out all day & she won't eat any of it until 10pm!!
Thanks for sharing! that is truly amazing, 1 year difference. I am so glad that Reba is healthy and well :)
OMG! I'm glad Reba lost the weight and happy at her forever home!
Interesting story, isn't it? I originally posted it as a blog a good while back when we were discussing overweight corgis. Our Moira was grossly overweight when we got her. Thankfully, she's now about 26 lbs. and full of personality.

I know you're getting excited about picking up your puppy!!!!
Hey Cindi, great name ;)
Sorry about that. I'm new to the site and I thought I searched the website to see if anyone had mentioned it. Turns out I only searched the forums.
What a beautiful corgi family you have. :)
~Cindy
When it comes to corgi obesity, we all need to be reminded that we're not doing them any good by over-feeding and over-treating them. Thanks for your kind words. Our corgis are such a mess!

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service