Hello, Luigi is constantly licking everything. He licks people, furniture, windows, etc... Do you think this could be a health issue? Or do you think he is just a curious little corgi? Any thoughts?

Views: 100

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Brodey licks things all the time, too. When we come home there are big wet spots on the couch and chair where he lays. He will just sit and lick the floor. My husband lets him lick his feet. That grosses me out. I figure it might be a self-soothing thing. Sometimes I think he might be part lizard or snake with his tongue out all the time. I call him "licky, licky lizard-face" when he come at my face with his always licking tongue.
I have heard that dogs like the salt on our skin, if they lick your chin or mouth they are showing submission to you. I also do believe that they do show their compassion for you by licking you as well. I am not too sure why they lick windows, carpet etc.

I was able to break our dog of licking our tv, by a firm NO. He loves to lick everyone who comes to visit, I think it is his way of saying hello, will you be my friend, pay attention to me?
chloe loves to lick stuff too. she is always licking my boyfriends pillow and she has a weird fixation on my lip ring, she also licks my hand a lot. i don't know why, shes just a strange little dog.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service