My husband and I had an out of town wedding to attend last Saturday night so we dropped Foxy off at the Petsmart Hotel on our way there. It appears they took very good care of her. We were happy with our experience and we are planning to use it again in the future. Have any of you used the Petsmart Hotels? How was your experience?

Views: 77

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I was curious about those... unfortunately we don't have one of those in my area as of yet. Hopefully one will pop up soon. We do have other Doggie Hotel places here though...
I WISH we had the PetsHotel and doggie daycare at my PetSmart!!!!! I've heard great things about them through the company and co-workers. Glad you had such a great experience. May I suggest that you express your happiness to our corporate folks. Those of us on the "front lines" really appreciate the boost.
We've been taking Triley to the PetsMart PetsHotels for almost a year now. We decided to take him there because he'd received puppy training there and therefore knew the staff and facilities very well. He did fine on his first few visits but eventually he started getting skin infections soon after we'd pick him up. We finally figured out that the problem was that they were using harsh shampoo and not drying him after his "exit bath." Once we stopped the baths he's been fine. The staff are usually really nice, they seem to truely like Triley and care about him and can usually give us a detailed account of his activities when we pick him up - all things we really appreciate!

However, recently we had to take him to a different PetsHotel in the area (we live in Washington, DC and there are at least 4 PetsMarts with PetsHotels in the region) because our usual one was booked. The staff wasn't nearly as nice as they are at our usual PetsMart, they weren't friendly with Triley (they just dragged him out of the lobby and then just rudely shoved him at us when we picked him up), and the facility was strangely quiet. Also, when we picked him up his eyes were all red and swollen and one of them was filled with a creamy liquid. We asked the staff and they claimed that he "looks fine to us." We took him home and occasionally his eyes still get a little red and raw. It was a disappointing experience.

So, overall, I would say that we are usually happy with PetsHotels and I am very happy to leave him with an established company instead of a random boarder I find in the phonebook. BUT, the experience clearly depends on the PetsMart you go to and the staff there. We happily take Triley to our usual PetsMart but won't take him back to the other one that gave him the eye issues (and denied anything was wrong with him!).

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service