My Corgi is almost 3 years old and up until the last few weeks has been housebroken. Recently when we put him to bed at night, in our kitchen with hardwood floors, we return to find little piles of loose stool. Neither his behavior or attitude have changed, just his ability to hold it overnight. I would say this happens two to three times a week. The only change is that he is spending more time outdoors, in the backyard, since we have a baby who has just started to become mobile. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what we can do to help him?

Thanks!

Views: 49

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It sounds like he is getting into something in your yard. I would check your yard, or watch him while he is outside. I would also make an appointment with the vet to make sure nothing is wrong with his health.
Certainly I would bring a stool to the vet. Parasites can cause a loose stool. I would agree with the thought that perhaps a big change in his life is contributory. With a new baby in the home and him being left alone outside after spending most of his time with his family could be most stressful. I think he would be much happier if he had an area to be inside the home and part of the family. X-pens are a wonderful way to confine a dog but keep them in the mainstream of the home.
Thank you to everyone for your suggestions. There probably is a little bit of stress due to the recent change of him spending more time on his own outside. He only spends a small amount of time out there, but certainly long enough to eat something he shouldn't! In addition I just mowed the lawn and there are little pieces of grass all throughout it. It sounds like it could be a combination of different things. As a result I will probably make an appointment with the vet to see what he thinks.

Thanks for all of the help and advice! I'm glad I chose to join this site.

Mike

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service