Sandy's carnassial teeth have a lot of plaque build-up and her gums are pretty red. I brush her teeth at least three times per week but do not see improvement. I think her teeth issue contributes to her fishy breath. Has anyone put thier corgi through sedated teeth cleaning? What was the price? Did it help? Cons/Pros?

Thank you!

Views: 18

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I haven't had it done, but sedated teeth cleaning should definitely help! It's the same concept for humans, right? I brush my teeth twice a day, but I still get enough plaque buildup that I need to get my teeth professionally cleaned twice a year. It's the same for dogs. Brushing their teeth everyday (or however often you do it) means that their teeth stay cleaner longer, but stuff still is going to build up. I believe I've heard of it being done for ~$300. My puppy is only 7 months, so I haven't had to do it yet.
Yes dogs do need their teeth cleaned. Some dogs do build up tartar faster then others and you can bet if they have incredibly bad breath it is probably the teeth. It is a fairly pricey procedure as they do need to be put under anesthesia as they would for surgery. Most vets recommend doing it once per year. I try to keep a good eye on their teeth and do it only when necessary. Some folks have taught their dogs to tolerate a light scaling with an instrument at home.
Bruce just had his cleaning. He's about 14 years old, so he really needed it. His teeth look beautiful now and his breath is puppy-sweet again. They did have to pull five of his teeth that were badly infected.

Our base cost (without extractions) was $234 which included everything - IV, sedation, etc.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service