My first corgi Baxter used to wade in the water but not actually swim, and other corgi's I've seen at the dog park do the same. My current corgi Hunter was first afarid of the water but after bringing him in with me, he loves to swim in the lake. He doesn't just wade he actually SWIMs. It is so funny and cute to watch.

Does anyone else have a corgi that swims? Or are corgis supposed to be able to swim? And should I buy him a life jacket?

Views: 272

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We bought a kiddie pool for Vash, hoping we could get him to cool off and swim around during the summer, but he hated it. Maybe next year when he is older, he'll feel more confident. I really wanna see his little legs paddling in the water!
I decided to try swimming with Abby just last Saturday. I started by standing outside the pool and holding her over the water, just to see if she would start paddling...which she did. Then, I got in, and picked her up and slowly let her into the water, and she started paddling. I held onto her chest for the first few rounds...I didn't let her swim away so she could build her confidence. Within a few tries, she was off on her own!! I would take her out of the pool to let her rest, and she would try to get back in (but was too afraid to jump in). I could tell she loved it though so it was pretty fun!! I can't wait to take her to the river!!
Banjo loves to swim! Check out our profile for some fun pics!

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service