HAS ANYONE EVER GIVEN BENADRYL TO THEIR CORGI? I HAVE CHILDRENS BENADRYL AND MY VET SAID SHE COULD HAVE IT. I'M NOT SURE HOW MUCH TO GIVE OR EVEN IF I SHOULD. I WAS JUST CHECKING TO SEE IF ANYONE HAD ANY EXPERIENCE WITH BENADRYL A ND YOUR CORGI.

Views: 66

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I give Duncan a small dose, like 1/2 teaspoon of the liquid. If it is tablet, just one of those. He's allergic to the grass at certain times of the year it seems, and also to any dog food with wheat or corn flour.
I would try to figure out what is causing the itching and biting. Obviously it's something in the dog's environment. Are there fleas, diet, sand, home cleaning products, chemicals used to treat lawns, shampoos, etc, etc, etc. Identifying the cause will make your job easier. Fleas are most often the culprits, but other factors can and do cause extreme itching.

Benadryl can be used safely under the guidance of your vet, he/she should provide you with the correct dosage and type for your dog. It works great for seasonal allergies to certain weeds, grasses, and pollens. Limiting exposure will also help. For example if your dog has an allergy to certain grasses, train them to be comfortable wearing booties during outings or wash their feet gently after being outside.

Just as a friendly note, typing in all caps is considered rude and like shouting on the internet and in social networks.
Thanks for the all caps note. My son told me the same thing. Thanks for the reminder.
If he is chewing the same area get an e-collar on him asap. My little allergic mutt chewed himself up real good and now he is on antibiotics for the damage he caused! He drew blood withing a 6 hour period. (He is doing good now though, but will require allergy medication!)
Ein takes 1 tsp of the liquid when his seasonal allergies get bad enough that he starts chewing alot. Most of the time, that seems to be enough, but he has been on rx meds a couple times, too. To be on the safe side, it would be best to call the vets office and verify the dosage, though.
I work at Kiwi's vet, and we've always told our clients 1 pill/ every 25 lbs. Kiwi is only 18 lbs, but we still give her one whole pill and she's fine. All it really does is knock her out enough to stop her scratching. Hope this helps. Good luck
Hunter is allergic to something, however the vet and I haven't figured out what it is yet. We've narrowed it down to three things. The vet has me giving him one tablet twice to three times a day. It really helps. He doesn't bite or scratch when he's on the benadryl. The vet said that dogs can handle more benadryl then humans can.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service