We have three dogs, two are "old" (13 and 14 years old) and Sidney, who is one year old. When we take them for walks, Sid is the first to tire out and plop down in the shade to rest, while the old guys just keep plugging along. Is this typical for a one-year-old?

When we take short walks, or walk early in the morning when it is still cool out, he is fine.

Views: 49

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have a 8 month old and a 4 year old. The 4 year old (Corey) always gets tired before the 8month old (Holly). Usually Holly runs circles around him. It could be that the young dog runs, runs, and runs and gets tired and the older dog just goes at a steady pace. This would be why the older dog keeps going longer.??
I don't know if this helps, but my 4 month old tires pretty quickly on walks- whether he is running most of the way OR just walking along calmly beside me, heh. We are slowly increasing the distance of the walks. I kinda pushed it a bit this weekend by taking a longer route around our neighborhood, and Vash definately started dragging behind about half- way through. It's funny- as soon as he gets back inside, however- he is running around chasing the cat. I think the heat might have something to do with it too- he seems to have more energy inside the cool air-conditioned house.
When your dogs get tired, do they lay on the ground and refuse to walk? I call this flat dog.
Yes he does! It's the funniest thing. Other people laugh at us. Then he pops right up and skips on like nothing happened.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service