My puppy Corgi of 4 months won't walk with me when I take him out. He'll walk his own way, but when I want to lead him somewhere he just stops - one second he'd be walking next to me and the next he would just stand there. I don't think he's tired because he'll stand and not sit and it's only in certain situations (like when he doesn't like where I'm taking him), so I think he's just being rebellious.

My question is - how do I change this behavior? I've tried ignoring him/looking away but he's very persistent and just stands there. I don't want to drag him on his leash, so what else can I do? Right now what I do is just pick him up and carry him but I don't think this is helping either, since it's more me running out of patience then teaching him something.

Views: 62

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm happy to report that Ender no longer has this problem... I think it's just a matter of giving it time.

Now for a new problem - how do I get him to stop pulling on the leash? Whenever I take him outside, he explodes with energy and just starts running.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service