Hi everyone, I have a female corgi about 8 months old. She was a rescue and has been in our home about 3 months. She is generally well behaved and has a sweet temperment. She is obviously very smart. She gets along great with out male corgi who is 4 years old. She has also plays well with my MIL's standard poodle. She is also fine with our cats but will chase them if they run. If they are still, she just sniffs and investigates them.

She still pulls some at the leash, but is better than at first. She also gets very, VERY excited when she sees other dogs in passing. Even if we are in the car she goes crazy at the site of other dogs. We live way out in the country so she doesn't get much chance to be around other dogs. We have taken her on outings to Petsmart so she could walk around and be near other dogs. She barks wildly the entire time we are in the store! When she gets near other dogs she is not aggressive and only seems to want to sniff them and play.

I am wondering if an obedience class would help her overcome this behavior? I am afraid that if I take her to class at nearby Petsmart she will just be the wild child in class and disrupt everyone else. Are trainers used to this? Will she even focus enough to learn? Any suggestions about what kind of class or other training might be appropriate for her?

Thanks in advance!

Rhonda

Views: 53

Reply to This

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by