I have had a Corgi before and all she could ever reach was the edge of the kitchen table standing on the floor. She used to steal sandwiches which were left too near the edge. When she was young, she also could jump on the bed or the sofa.
My new 8 months old Corgi, Piitu, seems to reach anywhere she wants. I have once found her standing on the kitchen table. I thought it was impossible for a dog with such long body to land on a kitchen chair and use that as a stepping stone. Yesterday she was happily stealing cheese from a pizza standing on the kitchen chair again.
She jumps from the sofa to the armchair and back. When she wants to jump to my lap, she does not even need an initial velocity, she just jumps and not on the lap, but she climbs straight to my chest and licks my face. She is so friendly towards all people and so adorable that I can't even be angry about that :)
She will be starting agility soon!
Has anyone else experienced this? Piitu seems to be more like a cat than a Corgi!!!

Views: 145

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Zed has surprising leaping ability as well. I'm not sure of the full extent of his ability but he has moved things while we were gone that I had no idea he could reach, especially considering there were no items he could use to step up on anywhere in the area. I think most corgi's are more athletic than their owners think. I hope agility goes well for you and Piitu.
We frequently play Frisbee with Roxi and for tricks we have her leap into our arms.. Chris is about 6.... something *winces* and she leaps straight up into his arms without him bending over as if it were nothing.

now... it took him a few tries to start catching her properly lol but its fun to watch now that they have it down.

At first since she was our first corgi we freaked out a little and didn't allow her to jump off things but over time she showed us she was fine doing so... so now its sorta fun to watch friends freak out.. hearing the "NO NO NO!" from across the room :)

She also can leap onto our backs if we're a little bent over and crawl up to our shoulder like a cat which is also fun to do when friends come over. We use the "hup!" command for this.

We make sure she never falls though and we're careful to make sure she's not overdoing herself but she's a little jumper.. favorite thing to do is sit and stare at me while Im playing games on the computer, so I turn and she hops up and just curls up in my lap while I game.
Hedy once pushed a chair away from the table, got up on the chair, then the table and ate a package of blueberry muffins

Ozzy, a boy we fostered, can jump to the table no problem.

Wizard, our little boy, thinks he is a parrot and likes to sit on my shoulder. he must have some cat in him as I have caught him walking along the deck hand rail before. he sleeps on the back of the couch anytime he can.
i caught my kaycee leaping from behind the sofa and using the wall and sofa to push herself out! it was such a ninja move. nothing can keep her contained (besides from her kennel). She climbs or jumps everything. There's absolutely no use of the babygate. She also jumps onto my radiator to look out the window. We call her a cat too. :D
My husband and i always joke bindi is part cat. She is always jumping on the chairs at the kitchen table and she sleeps on the top of the couch! Last night she got into the toilet paper pawing at it and it was all over the bathroom!

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service